Reason
Other
Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
US
State
ark
my problems started really showing up about 5 years ago. I felt as though I had the flu I ached and ran low fever. so I go to the doctor he checks me for lyme desease but it was negative he said he thought I was showing signs of Fibro. he is just a PCP but he gave me meds to try to help which they did but now I have tons of other symptoms.
restless sleep
tinitis
fogginess
low fever
aching in odd places such as ankles fingers
fatigue
I am told to exercise regularly but truth is I don't feel like it. two years ago I could do most anything now I get so tired cant do half of what I did. how do I know for sure that it is fibro ? I don't sleep well and I wake up ok in morning after being up like 2 hours I feel fever coming on. right now I am taking Cymbalta and tons of ibuprofen and tramadol. I don't know what to do my doctor says meds only do so much. I hope someone can give me some information and maybe advice
so tired of being tired
donna

Donna,
Welcome to the forum and I am happy you found us. There is so much information on this forum that I am sure if you have time to read through the pain and fatigue, alternative and general questions, you will discover a lot of good coping skills and ideas to try and see if they improve your life.
Lack of good sleep can cause more problems with fibro, like the brain fog and fatigue. So I am going to give you your first tip in how to improve your sleep. There are bed toppers called cotton fiber mattress pads or foam ones, or feather filled ones. This is not a regular mattress pad, but is a pad that is 3-4 inches thick and lies on top of your regular mattress under the sheets. They come in all bed sizes and are affordable.

I use the cotton fiber pad and it cushions my body and feels like I am sleeping on a cloud. It helps improve my quality of sleep and thus makes me wake up more refreshed and less tired. I would suggest you try and find one. They last a long time and you can buy covers for them if so desired to make them last longer.

Other members have added things that have helped them and we have lots of discussions going on about medications and massages, and etc..
So please join in and we will try and help by answering any other questions you may have. :)

Go to the doctor. Take your medication. Exercise. Keep faith in the others. And remember that you are not alone in this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back