Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
With all I do and all I take, today has been a big DRAG/DRAIN. Is this my future at this point in my later life? ummmm

While at whole foods and checking out with my fav checker, I told her how crappy I was feeling, so drained, etc....she said to "have a beer"....just those words made me feel good. I don't drink anymore any alcohol, 1/2 glass wine at my bridge group on 4th saturday and that is it.

I had a Dos Equis in the refrig and and as soon as I got home, got it open and drinking it....

Before I went out I had loaded up on DRibose but this beer is doing better than the DRibose did.

Gotta replenish my stock of Dos Equis.

Ruralchick

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
What is the beer supposed to do--or how does that work? I don't drink alcohol at all and am on meds that warn against it. But I'm really drained, weak and dragging today. I'm not looking to drink a beer, (although I do like the fake stuff) and wonder if that would work as well. Too many carbs though.

jaminhealth

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
I'm not going to start drinking a beer every day, BUT, it gave me a lift as I was really dragging horribly. Don't like that...and don't want to take any drugs for this dragging feeling. I guess it's the alcohol and it's not high content....hops are in beer and hops can help with pain...one can buy hops in a supplement form...I have considered it, but have not. J

jaminhealth

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Well, yesterday I had a good day, NO DRAIN feeling....today so far we'll see. It's 11:15AM here and so far so good.

I don't know WHY the drain feeling, but it was bad enough to post on. Maybe the beer/hops did something good, drinking the beer tasted good and lifted me. I've thought over the years of taking hops supplement but never had...maybe I need to look at that again.

Loftpat

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
I'm fond of good craft beer, mostly porters and amber ales, though I don't drink often. So when I do sit down and raise a glass, it's a real treat. Maybe just sitting back and enjoying the good taste was good medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.