So fed up of pain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done don’t be bullied. I try to hide my pain and tiredness because my hubby is so fit at 75 but it doesn’t work. Take care. Nanxx

My dad was on tramadol and he could start and stop with no problems. He was on it a full year.

Your dad was lucky, I was like that a long time ago,
I can miss one here and there now as most of my meds now are low dose.
the tramadol worked well for me till my dose was upped and upped to keep my pain levels down, I was on it over 4 maybe 5 years and that’s where I got into trouble.
My body knew when it was an hour late on taking it and I’m my word if I forgot one 😳😖.
I would try em again if I knew I wouldn’t have the side effects.
But I am trying to come off the meds. My insides have had it.
I have sjogrens, ibs, raynauds phenomen, extremely dry skin, migraines and Tinnitus ect, I am pretty much sure most cause by my meds. I know my quad bike and then car accident is that cause the fibro and the polyarthralgia just rounds it all up. But the more I read on here the more I am determined to get off all these meds and just use the MM. my liver, kidney, heart and the rest of my gizzards need a good rest. Maybe it may help my head to and stop the SH thoughts.

I think its also important to understand the difference that having an addictive personality can have aswell.
I have been taking tramadol and codeine for near on 7 years, my pain medication use/levels are purely associated with symptoms and pain levels, when my pain levels go down so too does my pain medication use. I consistently will push out the gaps between doses as far as i can handle and still function. There are definitely times when i take them four hourly like clock work however as i get better i simply forget until my pain again reaches an unbarable level. For me my pain medication is used when my pain levels have surpassed what i can handle and cope with using other methods(stretching, heat and cold packs, concentrated breathing and my other go to is my dogs, who will snuggle me or play around me and be silly to take my mind off it).
I also feel that knowledge is power(especially when it comes to opioid induced hyperalgesia and truly understanding it) and having that knowledge allows you to understand and assess your pain in a different way, well for me it does, but again everyone is different and just because this works for me in know way guarantees it will work or be effective for others.

Tinnitus is something I've had for years way before medications. Mostly caused by noise, and that doesn't mean extreme noise. It means noise for weeks or months.

I have to have ear phones with rain playing at night. I only have two tramadol the morning. I've stopped the afternoon ones.

Tinnitus is something I've had for years way before medications. Mostly caused by noise, and that doesn't mean extreme noise. It means noise for weeks or months.

I have to have ear phones with rain playing at night.
for me i find ear things on par with teeth pain/issues its EXTREMELY hard to find things to help it, i feel for you ❤️

i too have tinnitus - with no obvious, known cause - I had extensive hearing testing done and they could find no reason/explanation for it... except possibly the hypothyroid issue... it has gotten worse over time, just like my TSH has climbed higher & higher, slowly, over time... but i also know that correlation does not translate to causation, so... who knows..
Maybe, if I can get they thyroid issue to optimal levels and the tinnitus goes away, then I have an answer, but until that happens.. i do the best i can to ignore it (hard to do some days)

I also believe some of my gut issues are related to eating first ibuprofen, then naproxen sodium, like candy over the years to cope with carpal tunnel issues, and other aches & pains - taking the stuff every day, just to get thru the day when i was working, even tho it really did not help that much.

Now, I only take my thyroid meds, and the L. D. naproxen* for prescribed meds, and on really bad days, i might take some arthritis formula Tylenol - but it has to be pretty bad to take that (they are flippin horse pills & hard to swallow for me, lol).
For supplements, i take my Vitamin D, and after labs tomorrow, there might be one or two more added, depending on test results, but that is it.

I tried all the "standard" meds and none really did me any good, some even making things worse - in some ways, i am glad of that, but in others, i am a bit disheartened.. I wish there was an easy "fix", but i know that is never the case.

* not sure how much longer i will take that one - I spoke with my pain management person about possibly upping the dose one more step and she was amenable to that, but if doing so does not help, i may just ask to discontinue.. not a big fan of taking pills just to take pills (if it isn't helping, then why bother?)

My dad was on tramadol and he could start and stop with no problems. He was on it a full year.
Which is great.
And which doesn't mean this would be the case for everyone. Most people find that, like Harpy, more and more becomes necessary as the body adjusts to the drug. Leading in many cases to physical addiction.

Opiates always need to be handled with the greatest of care.

And I believe that they shouldn't be the first thing a person tries, but rather what is tried after many other things have been tried and have not been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back