So sick of having no energy. I'm new to the forum, just looking for support bc i feel so alone and feel like no one gets it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triggering the vagal nerve in any way results in a spasms that closes my throat completely as in NO breathing and immense pain, my face and neck contorting in strange ways.
Gargling means tilting my head which is a trigger movement. I just accept that, that particular muscle is one to be left alone as the consequences are far from pleasant.

Mozzarella and hard cheese :sick:. Pumpkin seeds and almonds are like 100 gr for €10, so can not afford it.
Yes, normal Cola. I know what goes in there, I have worked for Coca Cola ;).
Haha too healthy eating, I think we should meet at McDonald's. Can't go wrong there all the phosphates we need :rolleyes:.

Sleep is definitely hard work. It is also the only thing that I have tried to regulate as much as I can.
It has taken a year and a half to get past 5 hours of sleep. It is the only thing that is somewhat sticking now.
And slowly it is making some difference.

As curious as I am, I took 1 Q10 pill yesterday before the doctor was suppose to call me today with my blood results.
Which she of course did not do before going on vacation now. I have low sodium/kalium shown in the blood results I could see.
I has been dropping over the past couple of months and now it is below the minimum thresholds.
I eat abnormal amounts of salt already so this is not a good result of course.
But uhmm I could move my hands again like a normal person. Which I could not before, as I had to choose which one to use.
So, I am hopefully for the whole the concoction I plan to start taking tomorrow.

Triggering the vagal nerve in any way results in a spasms that closes my throat completely as in NO breathing and immense pain, my face and neck contorting in strange ways. Gargling means tilting my head which is a trigger movement. I just accept that, that particular muscle is one to be left alone as the consequences are far from pleasant.
Wow 😲 , I'd rather have my esophagus blocking, like it regularly does, than my throat!
Only once stopped breathing due to costochondritis, the muscles seizing up, at 15 - that was pure panic of dying.
Yeah, I can see how that's something totally to be left alone. Got similar things.
Mozzarella and hard cheese :sick:. Pumpkin seeds and almonds are like 100 gr for €10, so can not afford it.
Ouch! 😬 The latter are essential for my lipids too: Not sure if even a Nordic as opposed to Mediterranean diet is that easy living near the North Pole then... Organic here the cheapest are 12€/1kg, less if I stock them up when they're on special offer. Lucky you don't need them!
I think we should meet at McDonald's. Can't go wrong there all the phosphates we need :rolleyes:.
:ROFLMAO:
Which she of course did not do before going on vacation now. I have low sodium/kalium shown in the blood results I could see.
😬. Sodium I don't actually know my blood levels of. "Kalium" for the non-"Scandinavians" amongst us is "potassium" (but symbol "K"...).
I eat abnormal amounts of salt already so this is not a good result of course.
What's that got to do with then?
So, I am hopefully for the whole the concoction I plan to start taking tomorrow.
🤞

@Redbird88J , in case you don't already know this, taking acetyl L-Carnitine and/or D-Mannose daily can help greatly with energy levels. Both have helped me so much that I take them every day. Dr. Harris is the brand I use. A bag of the powder (cheapest and best way to take it) is expensive, but it lasts a long time.
And, anyway, what price would I put on having good energy most days and being able to get things done? It's seriously worth it even if I had to go without something else.

acetyl L-Carnitine and/or D-Mannose
D-ribose, again, I think? ;)
(And L-carnitine is supposedly better for body energy, ALC for brain energy.)
Ah, I wish they'd help me... But all definitely worth trying.

Last edited:

I just looked it up and it seems to be used for chronic fatigue which I have.

But it is 3 times a expensive as any of the other supplement I use.
So might have to wait with this one :(.

But thank you :)

(L-)carnitine is cheaper than ALC (esp. if you can take the powder or once you start self-encapsulating - for which you need to by the HPMC-capsules first though...).
ALC I get 60 500mg capsules for 13€, of which we're sposed to take 3-4 per day, 3'd be 19,50€/month.
L-carnitine I get 300g for 22€, of which we're sposed to take 1-4g per day, 1'd be 2,20€/month. Both pure quality.
And L-carnitine is what studies say works a bit better for chronic fatigue than ALC....

(L-)carnitine is cheaper than ALC (esp. if you can take the powder or once you start self-encapsulating - for which you need to by the HPMC-capsules first though...).
ALC I get 60 500mg capsules for 13€, of which we're sposed to take 3-4 per day, 3'd be 19,50€/month.
L-carnitine I get 300g for 22€, of which we're sposed to take 1-4g per day, 1'd be 2,20€/month. Both pure quality.
And L-carnitine is what studies say works a bit better for chronic fatigue than ALC....
I can not get those HPMC capsules over here.

I read the opposite that ALC is better for chronic fatigue.
For me it works.

I have 500 mg ALC and it says the safe dosage is max 2 per dag.
I use one per day. I buy them in a 3 pack, for €50 180 pils.

The Q10 is definitely doing something, as I can move my hands again.

Yes, my mistake again. (roll eyes at myself)

As with everything, results will vary. But the acetyl L-carnitine has made a huge difference with my energy levels, not so much with brain function. I started taking it on the recommendation of my chiropractor, and later a former member here (Jemima) said it had also helped her energy levels, I think. It's something worth a try, perhaps.

But thank you :)
I know it's expensive. But if what y ou are taking is not really helping, and you are still terribly fatigued, then those supplements are sort of more expensive because you are spending money on something that doesn't do what you need.
For me having energy to get things done and enjoy life is priceless and well worth the extra money because it works for me. Everyone's different so the first time you buy it, it's a financial risk - whether it works or not being unknown. I hesitated to spend the money at first, but I trust my chiropractor because he has not led me wrong in the past, so I tried it.
Now I am not at all hesitant to spend the money on it! I am not a person with extra money lying around, but would probably spend twice as much on that stuff if I had to because having energy is so vital to me.

Whatever works for you, Redbird, I hope you find it.

I can not get those HPMC capsules over here.
First I was suggesting to try L-carnitine powder without capsules, many can tolerate that well.
But if you'd want them, amazon Sweden has them - and my capsule shop (my vital shop de) ships to SE for 10€...
I read the opposite that ALC is better for chronic fatigue.
For me it works.
I have 500 mg ALC and it says the safe dosage is max 2 per dag.
I use one per day. I buy them in a 3 pack, for €50 180 pils.
You read that ALC is better than carnitine for physical fatigue? Could you share your source, comparing carnitine to ALC? Always glad to compare various study results!
And if I find evidence that ALC is better than carnitine, I may return to that or take them alternatively as I still have some ALC. My physical "fatigue" is 75-95% (not enough to move araound much), my mental fatigue 10-15(-30)%, so I need the one that is better for body not brain.
One of my sources is healthrising, which refers to selfhacked: carnitine-top-18-science-based-health-effects-carnitine, both are reliably based on studies.

But I'm getting confused. I understood ALC is too expensive for you, so I recommended to try carnitine as a cheaper alternative. But now it sounds as if you are taking ALC already? If so, then taking carnitine isn't a good idea anyway, because they don't work well together.

Or does that mean it's ribose that is too expensive for you? 32€ for 200g on Amz. Sweden....
If you start with 1g/d that'd be 5€/m, and for ALC you are paying 8,33€/m? So I'm still confused if you mean that? The dosage is hard to compare, whether you mean L-carnitine or D-ribose: you need to try it what dose fits, may well be you need much less amounts than you need ALC....
The Q10 is definitely doing something, as I can move my hands again.
Excellent! 👐 (y)

Due to talking about this and again seeing ribose has to do with ATP, I'll check again, but last I researched I believe I found that it is as a sort of sugar not good for my lipids (I only eat 20-40g/d sugar (mainly in 1-2 figs plus dark chocolate) - OK, what's 1-3g of ribose then in comparison.... 🧐 ). Maybe I could revisit it when I try creatine, cos I've just seen 3 parts creatine to 1 part ribose seems to work for some. Then the lipid-problem and my GI-side effects from it might be reduced... Just it hardly ever worked for me. Still got a fairly full tub of it.

Last edited:
@JayCS = you are the only one talking about d-ribose and I am not really sure why? D-mannose is something else - they are similar, but not the same thing - chemical structure is different.

@JayCS = you are the only one talking about d-ribose and I am not really sure why? D-mannose is something else - they are similar, but not the same thing - chemical structure is different.
Yep - cos sunkacola had once before said mannose, but meant ribose (well knowing they're different). Happens. 👐
Mannose is for UTI, it's ribose that is for fatigue.
Yes, my mistake again. (roll eyes at myself)

Last edited:
Yep - cos sunkacola had once before said mannose, but meant ribose (well knowing they're different). Happens. 👐
ok, lol, i missed where she said she goofed again..
*to self - read ALL the words, dummy* ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back