So sick of having no energy. I'm new to the forum, just looking for support bc i feel so alone and feel like no one gets it

JayCS

Legendary member
Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
it all kind of depends on the lotion, i think.some do need to be reapplied frequently, others not as much.
lanolin based stuff - ... greasy feeling side initially, but you dont have to reapply nearly as often. for my cotton socks so the sheets dont get all greasy, ... keeping the cream where .. needed... hands ... gloves
Ah, OK, shea butter, lanolin, I'll look out for those.
I do have thin cotton gloves, should put them to use like that!
Wonder if I can type and play cards with them on... a new challenge 😜 ... lemme see..
Whoops, typing works, needs a bit of getting used to, just the mousepad doesn't react... but heck, I'm a keyboard geek anyway.
who can say what's normal since we're all different and live in different environments. As for your hands, I think much would depend also on how often you have them under water during the day. That being said, 10 times a day does seem excessive. I hope the shea butter works for you. .. awesome!
Ah, true, silly me. Yep, and water is something even my normal skin overreacts to with itching, so it may be the way my hands react from washing them (probably >20x/day for 10-20'') - and feet don't, cos they only get 2 minutes of water per day: I've now changed from an good plant bar of soap to a liquid soap made mainly from olive and coconut oil, calendula=marigold added, that's also making a difference along with the akilwinter cream. For lips I'm comparing 2 organic ones I've got out of "the "closet again, an aloe vera one with a shea butter (ah!), coconut oil, beeswax... one.

I think I was inhibited from putting on all this stuf, cos of the maxim of not wanting to get the skin lazy from producing enough protection itself. But that's never worked anyway, I usually ended up with bleeding knuckles and lips which take ages to heal. So this is definitely the better way. However even with I guess 5x at night and >5x in the daytime, hands and lips are still dry, tender and slightly chapped. - That I think is the reason why I often haven't been bothered, just ignored it, cos they're tender while creaming and remain raw. But I'll keep at it, compare more, try shea butter and lanolin on the hands. (Maybe I could put one type on one side and another on the other...).
Same for my face, my wife keeps urging me, but then I've put some on all day and she still urges me, and I think - heck, I'm a bloke, I hate all this cream stuff, esp. if it ain't even workin well. 🤪

cookiebaker

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
WI
Ooh heated mattress pads sound cosy, I want one!, I want one now!, ok Dear Santa ................. 😄
They are Oh, So Cozy!
Yes, ask Santa for sure! 😉

so it may be the way my hands react from washing them (probably >20x/day for 10-20'')
just curious, why are you washing so much and for so long? 10-20 minutes? seems a bit excessive to me.

the product I use has been around since 1899 and is called Bag Balm, made in Vermont, USA. My mom started buying it when us kids were still quite young, so I am very familiar with the product. Works for pretty much any kind of skin problem - from minor cuts & scrapes to dry, chapped skin and pretty much everything in between. Even helps with eczema and psoriasis...
I use it a lot to help wounds heal once they are scabbed over well - it helps keep the skin supple and reduces scarring.

JayCS

Legendary member
Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
10-20 minutes? seems a bit excessive to me.
:ROFLMAO: That'd be very OCD. Minutes is ', seconds is ''. (3'21'' is 3 minutes 21 seconds.)
Is 20x a day a lot, especially considering Covid?
20x is about the amount I go to the toilet every day/night.... Then brushing teeth 3x, coming in from the outside 5x, preparing food 6x, muddy things in the garden 5x, dusty things in the cellar 5x, guinea pigs stuff 5x.... OK, let's say 30-40x... 😊.

Bag Balm, hmm... I'll have a look at the ingredients... Thanks for the suggestion!

At the moment I'm trying to put everything on more regularly, sometimes with your glove idea. Maybe they're still rough, because I hadn't.

cookiebaker

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
WI
Minutes is ', seconds is ''
LOL, ok, my mistake, sorry about that.. and thank you for clarifying for me. 🤪

Bag Balm ingredients are very simple, and honestly, i think it is the lanolin base that is the key, but for sure, do your research.

and yes, putting something on more regularly will help more.