Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
NC
Hi everyone - thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have been reading a lot here the last few days. I have not officially been diagnosed yet but my Rheumatologist sent me home with bunches of website links and talked to us ( hubby) at length about Fibro at my appointment on Wednesday. He said he wanted to run one more batch of blood tests to rule out additional auto immune disorders and those results should be back on Monday. If those are normal he will follow up with my PCP who will treat my Fibro.

This particular flare has been horrible. Started with left elbow pain in March. I thought it was tendinitis. Middle of May the other elbow joined in. Hurts to pick up my coffee cup. Opening the hatch of the van or even medicine bottles is painful. By June my hips, knees and shoulders joined the party. I can't sleep. I've had to cut back on my running ( which I love) and the pain is terrible. I get shooting pains in my legs when I'm in the car for too long. I had a 2 hour drive for work last week and I was practically in tears. When I finally got there I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of the car.

When I had my blood drawn I had to ask for the tourniquet to be loosened. It was excruciating.

I have been to the doctor for pain so many times over the last 15 yrs with no answers so I am thankful to be close to one but after 3 months of no sleep and horrible pain I am at the end of my rope. I work full time and run the kids to activities. Laundry and cleaning are on my. Hubby does not help. I just can't do it anymore. Kids help some but I'm tired of a messy house and piles of laundry that I just can't handle.

Ask him to test you for sjogrens disease, as well. Are you constantly thirsty? Eyes dry? Sjogren's is when the moisture producing glands attack your body leaving you dry, dry, dry wherever you should be moist.It's in the fibro family, the MS family and I am with you, I"m sick to death of constant pain!
I have never been so low because I know I will never be normal again. Walking to my truck is an ordeal but I feel I should be moving more. Stress triggers the disease and sends me right to bed!
No one knows what it is like to be in constant pain and they probably get tired of the moans and groans but TOUGH! You should be getting some help but they honestly can't comprehend nonstop pain. Sucks!I'm proud of you for working, I had to give it up.

I'm tired too. I tell my husband often that I'm just so tired of everything. I hope you know you aren't alone in this! Hugs!

Sorry to hear you had to stop running, I used to run as well until the knees started to give me a lot trouble :( It's such a pity your husband doesn't help, but try to stay positive. I know it's hard - I've days like that in which I just feel like giving up, but I don't! Sadly we most go on; there is no easy way out. Just try to find a good doctor and follow his advice, that's all you can do. I hope your husband changes and start being more understanding and helpful. Best of luck!

Turtle, it sounds like you are close to getting the diagnosis from your doctor. Once you ave that, you should be able to apply for SS or SSI , whichever you qualify for. I am not sure, but I think it some cases , your doctor can recommend that you have help with housework, and they will cover st least part of the cost. Even if it does it cover that, once you have SS coming in, you would be able to get a person to come over once or twice a week and help with the harder laundry and housecleaning maybe.
Also, once you have an actual diagnosis, the doctor may be talking to your husband about helping you with some of the chores around the house.
Keep trying, it sounds like you are close to making progress.

I am so very sorry, but I totally understand. I've been in a flare pretty much all summer and particularly this week. It is draining to wake up during the night hurting, then trying to get up in the mornings with all the pain! Believe me, I know. Nobody understands this but another who suffers with it. Hang in there.

I hate to say it, but although putting a name to the enemy, so to speak, helps it doesn't change much. You are still suffering and it is still hard for others to understand. Not too cheery today; sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back