Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
well I've been to my sons for the night, what I didn't no as he only been there a few months was the spare bed only had a memory foam mattress an inch think. Nothing under it.
My son and his girlfriend run a bordering kennels and have a lovely three bed bungalow .
So I didn't think about the bed.
Oh dear what a night I had. Pain pain pain.then the next day I helped clean and do the washing.
I then had to go get my other daughter from school so did t get in till 6. And now I don't no what to do with my legs from the hips down.
They burn stab pull u name it my legs feel it. I don't no what to do to easy them :cry:

sorry to hear

i hate when i get that try bengay wrapped with ace bandages i use that when mine get really bad

thats if u can use bengay

hope u feel better soon

thats also from the withdrawals too.
i had the same thing.

try the hot shower. use the shower head to run the hot water on them.

use the muscle relaxers.

i took aspirin and it dulled the pain.

the withdrawals will stop 5-7 days after you stop taking the pills.
i know you are weening down. but you need to just stop taking them now.

get this over with. your now just prolonging the pains.

make sure you carry your cell phone at all times. you never know when your going to go down and
cant get up without help.

get a stick or cane and carry it with you.

the hot shower on the legs then cold on the rest of the body will help you a lot.

please be careful. i dont need anything happening to you!

hugs my darlin!

also try to get two towels. soak them and ring them out.
then put them in the microwave to get hot. wrap your legs with them.

if that dont help then you will need cold towels. put them in the freezer for 1/2 hour.

I'm still taking the tramadol cmetryme. I did tell you in pm.hehe.so it's over work that's done it.IGAB.thanks il try that if we have it over here.

I don't know the answer to your pain but I'm weighing in here because I want to know if the incredible leg pain (burning, stabbing, stinging, aching) is part of the fibromyalgia. We're doing a home remodel and we took a trip to Texas. I can't seem to get on top of the pain below my waist. I was thinking it was a back problem but after reading this thread, I'm wondering if it's just more fibromyalgia pain. Anyone? What do you think?

Oh yes big time .my legs still hurt now

My legs are usually the worst problem for me with FM. Switched to Savella out of desperation. It controls 99% of it except if I stay in bed too long or stand/walk too much.
Magnesium Malate helps relax the muscles for me.

Yes it such a drag. My legs go like cramps like I've been doing swats.
Like u stand to long pain sit to long pain .lay in bed pain.

Dying of leg pain! Both my legs are so achey! And work.. Working coming fasssst. Gloomy day for sure.

I've often just recently looked at my foot as a thing in the way , it's always hurting burning aches. Some times I wonder what would happen if they just cut my foot off, would it actually help. Sick hugh.

oh boy do I say that a lot! wish someone would just rip my legs or arms off my body! if only it was that easy

Have you tried creams? When I have flair it's a Godsend

Last edited by a moderator:
A hot bath and a heating pad afterward always worked wonders for me on those nights. It could also be a matter of finding a laying position (at home in your own bed where you are normally comfortable, of course) that works best for the parts of your body that are aching. It can take a lot of tossing and turning, but once you find that spot you will be alright and your body will have the time to rest.

@Ruralchick you're the only other person I've seen mentioning Savella. I did a trial of it, and it really helped me, but I couldn't afford it after that. My insurance doesn't cover it at all.

I'm not familiar with Magnesium Malate, but will check into it. I do take Calcium Magnesium Potassium and feel a little relief, so perhaps focusing on the Magnesium would be best. I did an internet search and see that it's recommended by some for Fibromyalgia, so I'll see if I can get some.

I have a lot of back, neck and leg pain, as well as very severe pain in my arms and hands at times. The thing that helps the most when everything is acting up is very hot baths. They seem to reset my system, and give me some relief. I would love to have a hot tub. I think it would make a big difference in my overall functioning, and I'm hopeful that someday I can afford one.

I hope you can find some relief, it seems as if there are a lot of good suggestions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back