soothing colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
JessiFox, I have just recently started learning about chakras and thought it was intriguing. For me purple seems to be most soothing.. it's also my favorite color ;)

I find any shade of green or teal really does it for me. I love any color that can make me think I'm out at the lake, beach or hiking. Blue's are wonderful too, like the color of the ocean when you see it on the horizon. That has always made me happy.

I love shades of green and pink. I also really love the color of yellow during spring. I much prefer muted colors on walls to colors that bounce out at you. I can't sleep in rooms that have too much color activity, lol. My bedroom walls are a really nice mocha color and I enjoy it. I also like calming colors for the bathroom. I recently put a sunlamp in the bathroom and wow, it has made a difference. I immediately feel calm and relaxed when I go in there. I highly recommend adding a sunlamp to any room. It really helps.

I do agree that certain colours can have an effect on emotions. I personally find pale blue tones have the most calming effect on me. Yellow and red tend to cheer me up. Orange and cerise pink make me feel very jumpy and ill at ease.

I have read about the affect that colours have on our emotions, and I tend to agree. Although. I believe our reactions are different to the same colour. Personally I do fint blue and green tones very calming, however cerise pinks and orange colours, tend to make me feel irritable and jumpy.

I think that light pastel colors and neutral colors are the most inviting and soothing colors. I think that colors like bright red and bright yellow, maybe make you feel a bit more panicked when you see them. I do believe that color therapy is real, and that it really makes a difference in how you feel when your home looks nicer, and less cluttered and is painted a soothing color.

It doesn't surprise me that certain colors are considered to be more soothing. I would love to see a test on this theory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back