Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Somewhere
Hi,
Just wondering, is there anything more we can do about spammers?
Just this week alone we've had 2. This first wasn't as bad as the one today, "naturalisbetter" spammed every post on every topic on multiple pages! Now I can't remember or find which posts are current and it's very frustrating!

Maybe there could be stricter 'account creating' things? I mean Idk what we could really do for that but just a suggestion.

Also, is there any way to delete all of the spammers individual posts? Not just ban their account but actually get rid of their posts? (besides adding their user name to the ignore list...)

I'm sorry, this is just getting very frustrating and it's kind of a turn-off towards the forum.....

Thank you.

I agree, it is frustrating and ridiculous. If the spammer is an actual person, tightened security measures in the registration process won't work. I'm not so sure that "natural is better" is an actual person, though.

I agree, for the registration, I wonder if they can do the security code password whatever you call it, you know, where they have the crazy picture of jumbled letters and numbers? I think that's to rule out computerized spammers....

This natural one is crazy though! I can't tell which posts are current or not and I'm definitely not going to go through all 153 posts they posted (yes I looked at their profile and they registered today and 153 posts today,!)

Enough is enough! Lol

I am sorry this is happening. When I get on I try to get them off the forum board as quickly as possible. Please know that we are doing the best we can in preventing this. Let me know by reporting and know that it will be taken care of as soon as possible. Please don't give up on this forum, we are a good fibro support community. And we are trying to take care of the problem. :)

Oh I'm not giving up on you guys, this is a safe haven, seriously, I think I might lose it if I didn't have people to talk with that get it.
Lol thank you for all you do as moderator! You're definitely good at it! I'm starting to think you're a magician the way you made all those posts disappear over night!
Thank you again!
:)

Hi everyone - we actually do have a CAPTCHA at registration, along with a few other security check points. Unfortunately, where there's a will there's a way and it doesn't prevent all the bots from registering.

I'll update the registration process with a new check point but it's only a temporary solution. If you notice a spammer please "Report Post" and we'll do our best to delete the spam and ban the user.

Thanks for all your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back