Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
11/2021
Country
US
State
MN
I thought I posted this, but I can’t find it. I’ve been told it may be age (56) or an auto immune. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get them back. 😆

I lost mine from Hashimoto disease - some time they can grow back its just the luck of the draw - get doctor top do a full thyroid blood test (tsh, t3, t4) just in case

Thank you!

Hello shel! Maybe look into serums and things? I know a beauty therapist (who does private b12 injections ) she's got a serum she uses, and her eye lashes are super long like a pony! I've got the same issue, too (mostly with eyebrows cos auto thyroid). I just use make up for now, and sometimes biotin, , but I think a good vitamin nutrient diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds will always be a good thing 💞

I will l, thank you🤗. I have a nodule on my thyroid. My panels have been good. Makes me wonder though if somehow my tight throat sensation, fatigue in vocal cords, aches …May somehow be related. I don’t know whether to see an ent or my neurologist?

Well it's all connected, so you could see either one but it's a good idea to keep an eye on that nodule👍🏻

My panels have been good.
yeah... mine were "good" for years - ie: in range, despite the fact that I had all of the classic symptoms of being hypothyroid - minus a goiter...
TSH finally rose above the upper end of range last September... so, knowing exactly where your labs fall in the range is important...
and yes, thinning lashes & eyebrows - especially the outer 1/3rd of the brows - is very common with hypo

Hi Shel! I have very sparse eyebrows and lashes and they’re blond on top of it, so they basically don’t exist 😂 For a long time my labs kept coming up normal even though something felt off. I just knew something was not quite right, always seemed hormonal. I’m still trying to figure it out but I feel like I’m so close now after two decades. Finally had an MRI done and found a pituitary adenoma (tumor) and neurologist wonders if it may be a secreting adenoma so I’m going in for more testing once I can get in to see an endocrinologist. Pituitary adenomas actually quite common but most are micro-adenomas (very small) and non-functioning so they pose no harm at all. However if it happens that the adenoma is secreting a specific hormone, you end up with higher than normal levels of the hormones you need. Could be something to look into. You and your neurologist can decide if it’s a good idea.
As far as growing the hair back, I personally haven’t tried anything. I’m so used to it, this is just how I am. But they seem to have great products on the market now so I’ve been considering trying them. Lash serums like Latisse or one from the Ordinary seem to have good results. As far as eyebrows, my dermatologist recommended Rogaine. She told me to get the foam as it’s easier to work with.
Like I said, I haven’t tried it. So let’s make a deal. If you try it, let us know your results and if I try it, I’ll let you know my results. 😁 together we’ll grow our hair back! 😂

Deal! I’m so afraid that if I try something that makes what I have left, fall out, then I’m really at a loss. Thank you so much for this help. It means a lot. What test do you do to check for this?

honestly, not sure i would try any of the so called "regrowth" serums... but that is me.

if you get your hormone and nutrient levels optimized, the hair is very likely to grow back.. but until things are where they should be, it is not likely - even with the various serum treatments.

Yeah I agree with cookiebaker shel, sorting out the nutrients/vitamins, (there's a lot of good make up for eye brows out there), but if its the lack from health reasons that's the worry then balancing everything is the thing to do 🩵 🧜🏻‍♀️ 🩵

I thought I posted this, but I can’t find it. I’ve been told it may be age (56) or an auto immune. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get them back. 😆
Hi 👋 @Shel I've used the serum on my lashes and found it to be very good. There are so many ways to have good looking brows and lashes these days, however treatments can be costly.
Many cancer ladies have their brows microbladed following chemo. This is semi permanent and if you have brows already, they help to improve the shape and definition. I've had mine done, the initial result is great but you need to have them re-treated after around 12 months. Initial treatment was £250, lash serum was £50 (mascara size bottle)
You could also consider having some false lashes, there are many options available. You can even buy kits and appy them yourself to help keep costs down 💟

What serum was you using for your eyelashes looby? Was it 1 of the ones Amesalot was using too, thanks
🤗😚💓🤗

While I'm randomly on your thread shel, I'd just thought I'd post a message to see how you are and a hope your ok 👋🏻 😙💕

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back