Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Lately every time I go to bed I have leg spasms. Both legs go crazy.
I no I get very low vit D but everything else is good.
I don't really want to ask for muscle relaxers ,but was wondering how commen this was.

Have you tried magnesium? I like the powder form as it works so quickly.( Natural Calm) Take it just before you go to bed. You should get relief in a few minutes.

Well I brought some magnesium today.but tablet form ,with vit D and other vits.i figure it might take a few days on the tablets but at least it's worth a try.if in a month I'm no better then I can tell the dr I've been taking them. ��

This is a pain that affects people with FM is and is called the Restless Legs Syndrome ( RLS). It is found in 33% of the patients having FM and it is considered as a sleep disorder. It can be ameliorated by avoiding things like alcohol, caffeine and nicotine. Correcting nutritional deficiencies as well as selfcare treatments like limb stretching, hot and cold baths, limb massage and electrical stimulation of feet and toes before going to bed. Many drugs are available to check the condition in consultation with a doctor.

Maybe you are suffering the the restless leg syndrome? I had something similar, but it was only one leg at first, it lasted a couple weeks. I had spasms only at night, there were times they'd not let me sleep but they stopped. I didn't know back then I had just hurt my lumbar spine. The result? Two bulging discs...

My sixteen year old daughter gets restless legs, and Natural Calm has been working really well for her. It is a powder that you mix in warm water to make a clear fizzy drink. We use the original flavor that just tastes very lemony. There are other flavors and some have sweeteners. Anyway -- it gives you four grams of magnesium, and it's supposed to be more absorbable and bioavailable than many other forms of magnesium. It has become a nighttime ritual for us. It helps to stave off metabolic disease, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back