Diagnosis
08/2018
Country
US
State
VA
Hi friends!
Question?
As part of fibro symptoms….Does anyone get stabbing pains in their hip that feel like they are coming from a bone in that area or stabbing pains in their neck that feel like they are coming from a vertebrae?

The pain doesn’t really radiate….just feels like a quick stab….

Thanks for any info!

Just as an add on….I get stabbing pains lots of other places….these locations are just kind of new. It is somehow comforting when I find out that I am not alone in whatever symptom has cropped up!💕😊

Our bones have many muscles attached to them. If a muscle cramps it could seem like it was coming from the bone. I have my fibro under control, however the other day I had one of those 'micro cramps'. Since it was the only symptom I was having I could 'study' it. My conclusion was that the stabbing pain with a strong pain at the 'tip' was what I am calling a 'micro cramp'. I have many massive leg cramps, if my fibro is not under control, and when I compared the two they had many things in common.

Thanks OldKarz!….sooooo much for replying! I was wondering about those little muscles cramping!!!
Was your micro cramp in your neck also?

I am soooo glad to hear your fibro is under control! Yayeee!

If you want will u post any tips for how you got to that point!

Many thanks and well wishes!!!

yep. What you describe sounds familiar to me.

Reactions: MNP
Thanks OldKarz!….sooooo much for replying! I was wondering about those little muscles cramping!!!
Was your micro cramp in your neck also?

I am soooo glad to hear your fibro is under control! Yayeee!

If you want will u post any tips for how you got to that point!

Many thanks and well wishes!!!
Mine were really widespread. It was interesting to see where the next stab would be. Most often were in the legs. However I don't think it missed many places.
I have a post in the alternate medicines section that I keep adding to. I always wonder if I will keep having success, but so far so good. My success! Hope it can help others.

Thanks Sunkacola!
So u have had those too?🙂

Ok! Thanks oldkarz….I will check out your posts in that section! 😁

I do to get the all over stabbing pain from spinal problems. but the ones you mention I get at night , all night with the burning in the feet/legs and arm/hands.

I do to get the all over stabbing pain from spinal problems. but the ones you mention I get at night , all night with the burning in the feet/legs and arm/hands.
That sounds like the nerve bundle being compressed in the neck. Bulging disk etc. I have compression just on the ones to the hands. I get the burning/stinging/numbness in both arms and hands - worse towards morning. Traction has helped me. Mine has reduced to just pain down the left arm/hand due to median nerve problem - nerve flossing should relieve it in a while - it is not pinch as such. It shows up in the late night/early morning.

i get the random stabbing pains, and the burning pins/needles thing as well - but mine is from nerve impingement - both in the neck and lumbar region, not fibro.

Mine is in various locations, and the sharp stabbing is definitely one that makes you jump, for me however this is also complicated by recurrent bursitis in both shoulders and hips in the greater trochanter(im 28 and this is not due to an injury, little bit of a head scratcher but there you go), i do however get them in a number of other areas, i personally wouldnt put these down under cramp though, the reason i say this is when these happen i will massage the area(obviously this isnt possible everywhere it occurs) and a cramping muscle vs a not cramping muscle feel different in density and texture.
But also spasms is a bigger problem for me than cramping is

Mine is in various locations, and the sharp stabbing is definitely one that makes you jump, for me however this is also complicated by recurrent bursitis in both shoulders and hips in the greater trochanter(im 28 and this is not due to an injury, little bit of a head scratcher but there you go), i do however get them in a number of other areas, i personally wouldnt put these down under cramp though, the reason i say this is when these happen i will massage the area(obviously this isnt possible everywhere it occurs) and a cramping muscle vs a not cramping muscle feel different in density and texture.
But also spasms is a bigger problem for me than cramping is
Isnt a spasm just another form of cramp? The pinpoint micro cramp (spasm?) is too small to physically feel like a full muscle cramp. Just trying to clarify how to separate the two nomenclatures. I do get the stabbing centered in a muscle, like the large leg muscles, which can be helped by rubbing like a cramp. Can't feel a hardness there however.

Isnt a spasm just another form of cramp? The pinpoint micro cramp (spasm?) is too small to physically feel like a full muscle cramp. Just trying to clarify how to separate the two nomenclatures. I do get the stabbing centered in a muscle, like the large leg muscles, which can be helped by rubbing like a cramp. Can't feel a hardness there however.
For me the two present very differently and my spasms (for the most part) are not small, i can physically see the muscles twitching/spasming but no hardness, the cramps feel and present differently for me and there is a clear difference in texture and density of the muscle at that time. This could just be a me thing i really dont know but for me the two present and feel different, they could very well be two different forms of the same thing i couldn't say im not an expert, the above is just how it is for me and how i am able to explain it

For me the two present very differently and my spasms (for the most part) are not small, i can physically see the muscles twitching/spasming but no hardness, the cramps feel and present differently for me and there is a clear difference in texture and density of the muscle at that time. This could just be a me thing i really dont know but for me the two present and feel different, they could very well be two different forms of the same thing i couldn't say im not an expert, the above is just how it is for me and how i am able to explain it
Looks like we have three separate muscle symptoms here - related or not. Stabbing, cramp and spasming. Be interesting to know what causes them and if a fix for one helps the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back