Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
CA
State
British Colimbia
I have great difficulty going up and down stairs. It is sooo painful!
I realize that this is a common problem.
I am trying to convince my husband that moving to a house with main level living would be very helpful.

I am curious to know if anyone has made such a move and has found a difference .

I think if I didn't HAVE to go up and down every time I needed to go to my bedroom or watch TV I would like it very much :grin:

Yes stairs for me are really painful to, I want to move into a ranch style bungalow. I live in a back split home and I feel like I live in a clock tower or a lighthouse.

Absolutely, mamahawk, spent 3 months at my sister's Victorian style house and climbed those stairs so many times a day, I finally developed a torn meniscus in my knee. I am so thankful that I am in a one story, small home. The stairs exhausted me!

Yes stairs are a *****. But as I'm one of the few ppl that find sitting still more painful , I think going up and down my stairs a few times a day helpful. But yes I feel 80 doing it..

I have great difficulty going up and down stairs. It is sooo painful!
I realize that this is a common problem.
I am trying to convince my husband that moving to a house with main level living would be very helpful.

I am curious to know if anyone has made such a move and has found a difference .

I think if I didn't HAVE to go up and down every time I needed to go to my bedroom or watch TV I would like it very much :grin:
Have just spent Christmas break at daughter's new home - stairs! They have nearly killed me. Glad to get back to our non stairs/steps house!

Stairs can be a killer, I always let everyone go up before me so they don't see my struggle! I worry though that if I moved into a bungalow, it would only get harder to tackle stairs when I needed to? Xx

That I s my cover too. Is it better to keep using the stairs , to keep using my muscles? Plus I love my current home otherwise

I can't dash up the stairs like I did pre fibro. But, I try to use stairs to maintain fitness level. Building a new house right now, designed for my husband who is disabled. No stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back