Not open for further replies.

Libragirl67

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
I was just outside walking my dog around the backyard. And I noticed the stars in the sky are so dazzling tonite. It just caught me by suprise. There were so many of them. And they looked like I could just reach up and touch them. Are there any stargazers here? It brought me peace just to see them. Does anyone else feel this?

I think stargazing is a great hobby. I don't have any special equipment for looking at stars, but just gazing into that vast mostly unknown space makes you wonder if there are other planets out there with more people on them to. People going about their daily lives as unaware of us as we are of them. I can sit outside on a star-filled night sky and gaze with just my eyes, at the beauty of the stars and the great beyond.

I don't think I would want to go for a trip into space unless, I knew there was a way back home safely. I am more of a home-body, not an explorer.
But to look into the sky and see the possibilties spread out before us in such an array of twinkling beauty how can anyone not be dazzled by it.

Do any of you see the sky and outer space as a place you might want to go someday? Please share here. :)

I love looking at the stars but if I'm not carefully it makes me dizzy and fall over! Lol

For us dizzy gals and old women, we need to sit in chairs or lay on a blanket on the ground. Standing up for me and my balance problems is a sure way to fall over backwards. Not only that we got to watch out for low flying airplanes and UFO's. lol

I think it is a great hobby for young and old and it is totally free.

My son and I were blessed to actually see a shooting star years ago. it was really cool. He never did tell me what he wished for that night. And we did see the beautiful northern lights back in October. Now that was the most spectacular scene I have ever witnessed. It is so hard to describe it. But it looked like the sky was filled with water colors of greens and blues. Just splashed all over the whole sky and lit up. We were not even expecting them we were just hanging out on the porch one evening.

I am lucky to be from an island whereby I can sleep on the beach at night and watch the stars peacefully. I think it just fascinating.... and relaxing as well :) they take your worries down. Can someone tell me how many stars do we have in our galaxy?

I don't know how many stars are out there in the galaxy, but I can tell you that the brightest star in the sky is said to be Sirius, which is in the constellation Canis Major. It is 8.4 light years away. It is only considered the brightest star only because it is so close.
Another interesting fact about stars is that they seem to be different in temperatures. The astronomers say that the more red a star is the cooler it is, and ones that are blue are the hottest ones. So red stars temperature might be 3,000 degrees, but the blue/white stars have a temperature closer to 50,000 degrees.

They say that some of the old stars can be very cool, and thus appear very red, because they are huge in size. But then again they say that not all red stars are huge and not all huge stars are red. There are stars that are huge that are bluer and hotter than others, and there are red stars that are smaller than the sun.

What I think is so amazing to see is the Northern Lights, know by us in the northern hemisphere, and know as the Aurora Australis, in the southern hemisphere. When those muli-colored streaks and displays move across the sky it is so beautiful. I like going on a web search to see the pictures put up by astronomers that practice the art of astrophotography, which is taking pictures of the stars and the sun, and the moon, and all the planets.

This hobby is great because when you start thinking about whats out there in space, you can forget for a while the problems and the pain, you feel here at home. I get together with friends and we gaze upward trying to pick out the different constellations and always ever watchful for falling stars and UFO's. It is a great party theme.

I don't know how many stars are out there in the galaxy, but I can tell you that the brightest star in the sky is said to be Sirius, which is in the constellation Canis Major. It is 8.4 light years away. It is only considered the brightest star only because it is so close.
Another interesting fact about stars is that they seem to be different in temperatures. The astronomers say that the more red a star is the cooler it is, and ones that are blue are the hottest ones. So red stars temperature might be 3,000 degrees, but the blue/white stars have a temperature closer to 50,000 degrees.

They say that some of the old stars can be very cool, and thus appear very red, because they are huge in size. But then again they say that not all red stars are huge and not all huge stars are red. There are stars that are huge that are bluer and hotter than others, and there are red stars that are smaller than the sun.

What I think is so amazing to see is the Northern Lights, know by us in the northern hemisphere, and know as the Aurora Australis, in the southern hemisphere. When those muli-colored streaks and displays move across the sky it is so beautiful. I like going on a web search to see the pictures put up by astronomers that practice the art of astrophotography, which is taking pictures of the stars and the sun, and the moon, and all the planets.

This hobby is great because when you start thinking about whats out there in space, you can forget for a while the problems and the pain, you feel here at home. I get together with friends and we gaze upward trying to pick out the different constellations and always ever watchful for falling stars and UFO's. It is a great party theme.

Oh wow- it's really fascinating....great information. I never knew we had hot and cold stars. Actually this piece of information is new material to me.. I will inquire more about it :) thank you!;) And yes you are right, I think when you start thinking about the space and its content, you really tend to forget your daily surroundings. It is indeed a great hobby ! Keep up with the good work!

I have an update to share. I do not know how clear it will be for everyone. But there is going to be a big meteor shower tonite. They say it is going to be a really nice one. I do not know what time zone it will be in. But I am going to be looking out my window for it. My knees hurt so bad today but if I have to I will grab a chair and a blanket to sit in my backyard. The weather here has finally started showing signs of spring. So maybe a nite outside will be refreshing and nice. I know my big old black lab will not mind keeping me company in the yard. I hope everyone gets to see it!

I reckon that going camping and when night falls, and you have your tent set-up with a fireplace and a stick or marshmallow star gazing would be an amazing sight. I'd love to do it again sometime. The last time I did that was a few years ago.

xHysteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back