Sternum / Breastbone and Throat Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

erin

Hi Everyone,

I've been suffering with Fibro now for just over two years and as time goes on I seem to get more and more symptoms. Sometimes the symptoms are different and sometimes they come back the same, but of late since the beginning of December I've had like a pressure in my upper chest thats been radiating into my throat also, I've been getting skipped heartbeats on and off with an odd stitch like pain in my chest. I was wondering whether anyone out there has experienced or is experiencing the same kind of symptom? I also have constant shoulder, upper and lower back pain which never goes away and sleeping at night is an absolute nightmare. These are just a dusting of my issues, but I'd like to hear from anyone who might be able to reassure me that this chest pain isn't my heart. Thank you Erin

Hi Erin... what if ... someone reassured you, and they were wrong? ;-( Even if they had been checked themselves...
Of course it could be costochondritis, and would need PT - for fibro-patients I'd suggest osteopathy (for almost all body pains), as it's gentle.
But it needs checking. 3 year jaw pain wasn't psychosomatic/trigeminal/fibro, it was 2 root inflammations, a total x-ray showed.
Chance finding of high blood pressure and nagging docs about strange orange spots on my lower legs/ankles got me on to worsening veins & arteries, hyperlipidemia, which meant 5 new docs, strict diet and meds and regular checks of my whole cardiovascular system, top to toe.... Please check it.

Hello,
I agree that it's better to have everything checked out for safety and peace of mind. However, I have had a very similar experience recently. I get sternum pain/tenderness that sometimes feels like it is radiating out and sometimes is more localized, skipped heart beats, rib pain right under my left breast. It all comes and goes... After doing a heart monitor for a week, it was concluded that they were PVC's and PAC's. Annoying, but not dangerous.

Erin, get checked out by a doctor.
One very important thing to remember, and which was said recently on these forums, is that just because you have FM doesn't mean that every symptom you have, especially if it is a new one, is part of FM. Something else could have happened/be happening. Best to find out.

I had pain in the center of my chest going into my throat spikes in BP and jaw. Come to find out I had a heart attack,not just 1 but 8 heart attacks before I went for treatment.
Get checked asap. Better to get bloodwork done then wait for one that kills you. Have them check troponin levels. Mine didn't show up on an ekg but sure did with troponin in my blood which a normal person shouldn't have any. Mine was at 9. I put it off and luckily I made it out alive. I was told I wouldn't of made it until Christmas without getting to the er.

Also don't let age be a factor. I'm 44 years old and had a heart attack. Never thought that was what was happening to me until I chewed up a few baby aspirin and the pain stopped. Went to the er immediately by ambulance after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back