Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
What can you do about gossip in the neighborhood. One neighbor is trying to cause as much trouble as possible for me. I can't believe how people that you don't even know start giving you the cold shoulder. I hear them say commence and sneeker when I take my dog for a walk. I can't believe that grown adults could acted like children in grade school. This has caused me so much stress, I don't even want to go out of my house. I don't have the money to move right now. I have tried to talk to a neighbor that I thought liked us, and I was heart broken when even she gave me the cold shoulder. I am feeling so sick now, I know this is starting to cause health problems for me. I am trying so hard not to let this bother me but its really doing a number on my health. I wish I never had kids, I love them so much. It would be so much easier to do what Robin williams did.:(

"it would be so much easier to do what Robin Williams did"

Story of my every day, man.
Wishing you the best (*)

I want to apologize to everyone I was having a real blue day, I have alot to live for like my two Boys. That I love more then anything in the world. Maybe I need to switch my medication. I think I could be in a depression, Everything seems to be just going wrong lately.

Did you hear how hurt Robin William's daughter was? I could never do that to my husband or children. My solution would be to move into my closet,(hee hee). Black days should be taken seriously. Do hope you are doing better now? Life is hard! Sometimes you just have to roll up your sleeves and get to it. I keep telling myself to forget the emotions and just get it done! The Lord helps me-or I'd be quite dead by now.

Lana, take your thought about depression seriously. Check with your doc. Look for a chronic pain group. Major depression isn't about being sad or blue or having a bad day. It's a disease that you have everyday and can get seriously worse without treatment. You don't just snap out of it or "get over it." Having folks point out that other people have problems and get up everyday doesn't help. It makes you feel worse. It makes you feel like you've never been right. If you could, you would. Who WANTS to be depressed? Let alone be depressed with fibro. I've used every trick in my arsenal that past four days to keep moving through a major flare. I'm still struggling today. Ha! Fibro and depression...two diseases poorly understood and I'm still waiting for the punch line.

I am so sorry for your pain. It sounds like a very trying time for you right now, to say the least. These illnesses are hard to manage; and, when other things come at is, it can be very overwhelming and disheartening. I humbly invite you to feel your feelings, know that 'this too shall pass', and then stand tall and strong. :)
May you (and all who read this) feel supported and encouraged!

Lana, I totally get you and I don't think you were overeating... after all we all have the right to feel the way we do! I have felt the same way as well! Nothing be ashamed of, actually it helps to let those things out, it makes you feel better if you do. I hope you can find a way to cope with this, those idiots are behaving like kids and sadly I don't think there is something you can do to make things better with them. All you can do is not to care about them anymore! I did the same with my school bullies.

I want to apologize to everyone I was having a real blue day, I have alot to live for like my two Boys. That I love more then anything in the world. Maybe I need to switch my medication. I think I could be in a depression, Everything seems to be just going wrong lately.

Lana, I really think you need to find a way to cope with this. I have been super depressed before and believe me when I tell you that if you don't do something you might feel worse. You can do nothing about those jerks yapping, but you can about the way you feel. Maybe taking something like Xanax would help! After all... the only thing they are doing is barking! So try to find a way to get thru this... they'll eventually get tired!

First about the neighborhood... I used to feel bad that I'm a "stick-to-myself" person and don't really give a flying fig what the neighbors think. The thing that annoys the gossips most, by the way, is a smile and wave. I really *truly* don't care what they're saying or not saying... I take care of myself and my family.

Oh, and if they know it bothers you, it will get worse.

It would be so much easier to do what Robin williams did

No... never. Never.

I know it's easier said than done, but just ignore your snobby neighbors. Really, in reality who are they to you anyway. If they are gossip queens, they will move on from you to something else soon enough, too. Those types of people always get what they got coming to them. Be the better person, or not. I'd probably give them my middle finger when I walk by and I see them snickering at me. And say something like, "Hey ladies, you should start walking with me. Your butts are starting to look a little big. Think about it. I'll be out again tomorrow if you want to come." Ha, but that's just me. Bring someone on your walk and whisper back and forth back at them. Seriously. I agree to smile and wave on - and invite their big butts on your walk with you. Go right up and ask them if they have something to say. I bet they don't when you call them on it. Sorry, can't help myself. I just can't stand people like that. You are right. You have a ton to live for. Your neighbors are just jealous.

Thank you all so much, I laughed when I read you message tryne91, Boy I would love to be with you and walk through my neighborhood. You sound like a person that can really stand up for yourself. I get upset by them and I wish I didn't. When I come home in a great mood and see them snickering it really gets to me. I feel like wearing a blindfold when I get out the car and go up my driveway. It's not just them that get my down it's everything, it just seems to pile up. Now I'm not working and we are living pay check to pay check. Sometimes it gets to much. Thank you for your kindness

I went through a mental break last year. I still have problems but I have come a long way. I have Crohn's as well as fibro and
i was in a flare with both last year. Was on so many heavy hitter drugs that I acted higher than a kite, and i don't drink...anyway,
Since that time I have dropped someone I was upset with as a friend because she is a gossip monger and trouble maker
with others who are mutual friends. The problems i had made me pick my friends, only engage those who make you feel better
about yourselves and add quality to your life. Your neighbors will only hurt you if you let them. I would have no problem either
ignoring them or speaking up to them, or rather down to them about their bad manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back