Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Lately I’ve been so stiff ,so to much I get stiff don’t move get stiff.
I hate it, my arms are really sore .I cut down on my gabby ,just to try,keep thinking that maybe I don’t need all these bloody pills .
Guess I’m only fouling myself, it’s quite scary to imagine what I’d be like without any meds at all .

I can relate, but being that I'm 75 and have gone through a very stressfull time lately, I kind of thought it was just age and stress. But, now I just don't think so..there is something more here, not sure if its Fibro or something worse. But, the stiffness is, at times, is unreal !!!

Cjd it is fibro ok ,heard many many ppl with it ,but lately been so bad ,I don’t no about you but I get this ache full but always there arms legs like u got flu

Hi @Forgetmenot and @cjd,

Yes to the stiffness! It always comes with stress and tiredness with me. It can precede a flare, or sometimes it just comes and goes on its own - with really varying duration. Very frustrating :rolleyes: but I think it's pretty normal for fibromites. I find that the Goldilocks-amount of light exercise helps it, but doing even a tiny bit too much makes it worse!

Jem I like the Goldilocks phrase ,gonna remember that one hehe

I seem to think of her a lot these days 😅

LOL...I swear, some mornings I actually feel like I have been lifting weights , even after being motionless while sleeping...But, one more thing...my muscles are actually wasting away..now , again, I'm 75 and have lost a little weight, but it almost seems like I'm just disappearing...sorry..I think I'm getting a little over dramatic here..:rolleyes:

Na u moan away ,what’s this place is for,I was up all night just aching .I even dreamt I was hurting .feel rotten this morning

some mornings I actually feel like I have been lifting weights
Yes to this, too - exactly. If it's any consolation, my muscles are shrinking in my 30s because my lifestyle has changed so much 🤷 I guess it's a case of do what we can, but accept what we can't. But please, don't disappear completely!

@Forgetmenot I'm sorry you had a rough night. I hope it all eases up and that tonight is better 🤞

I used to be a weight lifter on a daily basis and I loved it. It took me a very long time and a lot of failure and pain to get it through my head that I can't do that any more. But some days, just reaching into a cupboard - yes - will produce an ache that is exactly like the ones I used to get when I had really worked my muscles hard the day before. So I know what you are talking about and it IS just like what you feel if you've been working those muscles hard.
Not fair, is it. I mean, you haven't even had the fun and satisfaction of having worked hard to produce that feeling.

Well, your comment was quit profound. But, at my age I must say that up until this July, I could do more than I would have expected for 75 and was kind of happy that I could, but, then one morning I woke up and could not even rise myself up by my arms to get out of bed. It felt just like I had been used like a punching bag. I could not figure it out, as I had not done anything out of the ordinary. Then I figured I was coming down with something..but no..and it's been daily pain, especially my arms and shoulders, my knees...I can't even bend, and I was always very flexible with my legs...and oh boy, if I sit to long, even on a soft surface, my bottom ...well..screaming pain. Thanks for your input..hope you can get back to what you seem to really enjoy, one day...

Well, your comment was quit profound. But, at my age I must say that up until this July, I could do more than I would have expected for 75 and was kind of happy that I could, but, then one morning I woke up and could not even rise myself up by my arms to get out of bed. It felt just like I had been used like a punching bag. I could not figure it out, as I had not done anything out of the ordinary. Then I figured I was coming down with something..but no..and it's been daily pain, especially my arms and shoulders, my knees...I can't even bend, and I was always very flexible with my legs...and oh boy, if I sit to long, even on a soft surface, my bottom ...well..screaming pain. Thanks for your input..hope you can get back to what you seem to really enjoy, one day...
It would be a good idea for you to see a doctor and get tested for the various things that might be causing this. some have effective treatments and some don't but it is important for you to know what you are dealing with.

thank you for your kind words. I probably won't ever be able to lift weights again, but I can do other things that are satisfying to me. It's all a matter of accepting change. Not always easy but always the wise thing to do when there's no alternative.

Not easy being wise is it lol,I’ve watched world strongest man since I was 7 , only thing I ever get animated over,

Well, while I do admit that I should maybe find out...but..I really don't want to know, I know it sounds crazy, but I really don't. :(

Well, while I do admit that I should maybe find out...but..I really don't want to know, I know it sounds crazy, but I really don't. :(
Whether or not you want to know, you need to know.
We all have to do things we don't want to do and this one is important.

If y ou refuse to get diagnosed you are missing our on the chance that it could be something very treatable, and you won't get the treatment that could help. You may in fact try to treat it yourself and make things worse. Please see a doctor and get tested. This is not something you can play around with. And it is always better to know the truth so that you can deal with it effectively. If you don't, all you do is stew and worry and make yourself worse off. We will all support you while you go through the process of getting tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back