Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
NY
Hey you guys
Howare u holding on?
Do u suffer from stomach pain....after eating especially....

Hi there,
Yes, I do have stomach pain and also nausea on a regular basis. But to be honest, I don't know how much of that to attribute to fibro because I have had this problem with pain and nausea almost all my life. These days, it's hard to get myself to eat enough and regularly enough because my stomach will refuse food and then after a while if I don't eat, I will feel nauseous. If I manage to eat in the narrow windows I am given during the day, I am fine, but it's tricky.

You might want to get checked out for the stomach pain after eating, though. It might not be part of fibro (as I suspect mine is not), and could be a sign of something else that could be treated. A gastro-endourologist would be able to run tests to see what is going on, or maybe even your GP.

A month ago i had the same issue, went to the doctor who prescriped meds ..i felt better...now it is back..ugh.....i guess i have 2 go back
Thank u

I get stabbing stomach/gut pains and digestive issues when I'm in a flare, ranging from nausea to IBS. I always had the feeling it's connected to the pain I have in my back, but could be a separate impact too. A stress response diverts energy away from digestion, so I imagine this could cause issues in and of itself - but Sunkacola is right that sometimes it's wise to get checked out and rule out other problems!

A young woman , mother of 4, died in an accident in my village...it was quite a schock to me...i was depressed 4 days....stress is a huge trigger for me...

A young woman , mother of 4, died in an accident in my village...it was quite a schock to me...i was depressed 4 days....stress is a huge trigger for me...
Don't feel alone. Stress is a huge trigger for everyone, not just those with fibro. Stress contributes to and can even cause many health problems.

• L-Glutamine plays a key role in this process by helping to quickly restore the gut lining and regenerate newer, healthier cells naturally. These new cells are the key in repairing the intestines and eliminating leaky gut. Thanks to L-Glutamine, the healing typically starts within 30 days, with it being repaired in approximately 12 weeks.

I'm so sorry you experienced that, Fibrofighter. These kinds of experiences do tend to rock us to our core, and I know that would be enough to send me into a big tailspin in terms of fibro symptoms. I hope you're starting to feel better emotionally, and that you feel physically better soon too.

Thoughts with the poor family 🌷

Do u suffer from stomach pain....after eating especially....
Hi! Might be food intolerance. If gastroscopy (& praps colonoscopy) and an allergologist doesn't find anything, and probably even if they do, finding the triggers using a food/gut diary an elimination and trying some of the 20+ diets which seem to fit best could help.
Depends also what kind of pain. Burning or feeling as if if someone had hit you in the stomach it could be hyperacidity. If it's that it cd mean avoiding all spicy (& tasty ;-)) foods or if you tolerate meds, antacids (or bicarb or herbs). It could also be meds themselves...
Watching and learning to describe can help a lot, whether you want to find out/research yourself or describe it properly to your doc...

.thx for the reply...i do not eat spicy food at all..cannot handle it. nausea basically! I feel much better now ...but i am afraid it is related to fibro because the pain i have is terrible enough for me 2 be dealing with stomache pain

As purplechicken74 says, IBS is of course a common co-morbidity to fibro, and IBS is more gut, but comes with stomach problems too. I pinpoint my stomach problems separately (as hyperacidity), yours might be that if as like me you don't tolerate anything spicy. If you're like me that'd also mean completely avoiding everything sour, too hot or too cold, onion-like (incl. chives, garlic, so almost all spice combinations, dressings, soups etc.), only girding your waist loosely. Does any of that fit too?
My problem at the moment is a delicious variant of yours: All my supps helping sleep & muscles are acidic...
After researching, I've decided to increase psyllium & linseed oil (both gut & stomach) and add the probiotic yeast Saccharomyces boulardii ('Perenterol') (gut).

The details, if anyone's interested:
It's amino acids (mainly GABA) and magnesium forms that are helping my sleep and my muscle stiffness. (Passionflower is I think helping sleep, and at least not harming, not acidic (also herb, not supp), but increasing doesn't improve, have to watch out nothing zombifies me.) Magnesium can cause loose stool or diarrhea, does me. The gut-friendliest forms malate and (bis)glycinate are compounds with malic acid and the amino acid glycine. Due to insomnia again (despite perfect sleep hygiene) I've added and now increased L-glutamine for falling asleep better (Creola17's recommendation above for 'leaky gut', which I haven't got). L-glutamine is - yep - also an amino acid (and also may have been responsible for increased focal seizures I had last time I tried, but GABA and praps the ). I've increased them from 1,5 to about 3g altogether, and would like to try to do so further. What I've experienced is that capsules seem to spread the effect between stomach and gut, at least they are better for me than pills or sublingual intake, which concentrates them more in the stomach.
Yeah, I know, typical med problem too, one med can lead to 3 others, and I don't just tolerate most of them (stomach, gut, skin), cos the side effects I get there are 10x as much... So I had a look this morning for additional supps/herbs with no side effects that I'd forgotten or didn't know, so I can increase the acids further. What I've found is that psyllium, which I take for diarrhea (it's also for constipation if you take it with a lot of liquid) can help heartburn, so might help. Bentonite (clay) and zeolite (mineral absorbent) don't sound too good to me, as I never had any success with healing earth/medicinal earth/sepiolite/Fuller's earth. Also tried probiotics to no avail for months and months, several times. White cabbage salad is sposed to be good. And linseed oil which I need to "drink" anyway for omega 3 (blood fats). Saccharomyces boulardii ('Perenterol') is a probiotic yeast for diarrhea, which I know has worked for me in the past, now I've seen it may also work on the stomach if you get acid problems (heartburn, GERD/reflux) when your stomach trying to compensate for too little acid (cf. pubmed e.g. PMC3296087).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back