Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
I have always suspected I may have fibromyalgia but in a mild form, never been diagnosed yet. I also have hashimotos but levels are controlled by Armour Thyroid. Anyway this last month I went off birth control and had some severe worry and stress I've had these pains that have moved around my body. First started as left arm and side breast pain that went into armpit. I started my period soon after this episode. Checked my heart in the ER everything was fine. Then when I was ovulation I had bad pelvic, hip, and lower back pain that shoots down leg and my arms and legs fall asleep pretty easy at night with pins and needle filling. Now I'm having neck, shoulder and tmd or tension headache symptoms for about a week since a week before period and also my normal period pelvic pain intensified. I also had pretty noticeable side breast pain. I also have a history of achey legs at night and night sweats at night, Gerd and ibs. I've noticed before if someone grabs me on the elbow there is a very tender spot sometimes and when I have hit my legs or hip on something my skin seems extra tender. Also my pain is worse at night when I lay down and pressure is put on my body. I usually improve during day. Could this be a bad flare up from stress and hormonal imbalance? Can BCPs make fibromyalgia better if hormones is a trigger. Thanks for the time. I have a dr appt soon. As we speak my hand holding my smart phone is numb from bending it and my elbow resting in my bed. Another symptom?

Hello skincy,

I can't answer your questions about flare triggers. Unfortunately we are all so different, there is no one answer. When you see the doc these are good questions. I hope he/she works with FM or it's gonna be hard to get answers. Things you can do to help yourself: have your vitamin D levels checked. You have to ask for the blood test as most docs don't do this as routine. (low d can make for more pain) Next, you can get a memory foam mattress topper to help with the pressure you feel in bed. Drink LOTS of water, it helps flush out toxins in your muscles. Use a heating pad or hot showers/baths. Epsom salts help with that too. Try to keep a regular sleep schedule and perhaps add some vitamins/herbs to your diet. Magnesium malate really helps me with tight muscles; B-complex can help with energy.

There are many tricks and tips you can put together to help yourself. Be warned, you must be very involved with your care. Keep a pain log: what makes your pain worse/better--weather/ standing? eating something? etc. As time goes by you will learn how to handle your own body.

There is a trigger point test-were you given that? I didn't find it very accurate but many do .

I hope you will post again and let us know what's going on and what you've learned.

Hi Skincy. I wish I could give you an answer to your question. I have read about fibro symptoms diminishing in some women when they are pregnant. So, perhaps there is a hormonal component for some people. Fibromyalgia is a mystery in so many ways. Different constellation of symptoms for many of us. Treatment that works for some that doesn't work for others. Since I'm always researching fibro and the latest news if I come across anything more definitive I will definitely let you know. Hang in there. Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back