Not open for further replies.

nrivera9196

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
I stopped working in January. Now, I have had to deal with applying for SSI/SSD. It's such a horrible process. Why do I have to fight so hard for anyone to really listen to me on how I am feeling. I am probably just venting, but the application process is rigged to decline you over and over. I left work due to not being able to handle stress at the job. My body was just shutting down on me. I'm home now, but it comes with it's own battles. Wondering will we be able to makes ends meet with one person working. My body pain gets activated immediately if I get emotional or any stress. I try to use the mind over matter concept, but fail. I have so many things going on around me and within me that are causing so much pain and exhaustion. I try to take care of chores around the house, then I pay for it in the evening with pain and exhaustion. I have adult children and it is hard to let them know that the way they are living and choices they are making are causing me flair ups constantly. So I don't share with them. I don't want them to stop coming to me for advice. Sorry, for venting. I am not having a good day.

Thank you for reading

Hi @nrivera9196 and welcome.
I'm sorry you're having a bad time. I understand how someimes eveything can seem too much. Although I'm not able to advise you on your application, I would suggest it may be helpful if you get advice from a centre/bureau who deal with these claims.
It seems you are so worried about everything - application for SSI/SSD and your childrens choices, that this in turn, is also having a negative impact on your health.
I would suggest (and I know this is not easy) calmly letting your children know about your condition and how it affects you. After that, if they make choices that are right or wrong, they are as you say - adults- let them sort out their own lives and you concentrate on yours. Try and do things that make you happy, whether that be watching a good film/crafting /relaxion etc, it doesn't matter, the piont is your mind is taken away from all you worry about and you are in a more mindful state. And keep up the self care, you deserve and should come first.
I hope this helps, and please vent as much as you like, there are lots of helpful people on here to help.
Stay strrong. :)

I'm so sorry @nrivera9196. I've had two family members go through that process and it is exactly like you said it was. I wish it was all better set up and more supportive. It is very difficult jumping through insane hoops when you have a chronic disorder. The venting helps me a lot. Sometimes if I get it out in writing or talking to someone then I can relax at least a little. The bad days can be rough. Gentle Hugs! Sometimes if I feel flares coming up or have a couple bad days in a row, I tell my husband immediately and I message my close family whose own stress can stress me, that I am unavailable for anything for a couple days. That at least helps a little.

I stopped working in January. Now, I have had to deal with applying for SSI/SSD. It's such a horrible process. Why do I have to fight so hard for anyone to really listen to me on how I am feeling. I am probably just venting, but the application process is rigged to decline you over and over. I left work due to not being able to handle stress at the job. My body was just shutting down on me. I'm home now, but it comes with it's own battles. Wondering will we be able to makes ends meet with one person working. My body pain gets activated immediately if I get emotional or any stress. I try to use the mind over matter concept, but fail. I have so many things going on around me and within me that are causing so much pain and exhaustion. I try to take care of chores around the house, then I pay for it in the evening with pain and exhaustion. I have adult children and it is hard to let them know that the way they are living and choices they are making are causing me flair ups constantly. So I don't share with them. I don't want them to stop coming to me for advice. Sorry, for venting. I am not having a good day.

Thank you for reading
Hi, and welcome to the forum. You are allowed to vent here....in fact we have a whole section devoted to venting, but we don't insist that you only post there in order to vent. We have all been through many things that are challenging and one of the things we do is support each other here.

One thing I want to say is : You say "I try to use the mind over matter concept, but fail. " I want to suggest to you that you are not failing. Failure is not even close to what you are doing. This is not an easy thing to navigate....quitting work, dealing with Fibro, and applying for government assistance that the government does not want to give to you or to anyone. This is a tight learning curve for you as it has been for many others, but you have the right idea in wanting to reduce your stress effect even within a situation that is in fact stressful. You just have to be patient with yourself, try different things, and practice. You will learn how to deal effectively with stress if you keep at it. Not being able to do it perfectly right at the beginning is never failure! You just have a lot to learn, and you will learn it.

There are many ways to manage stress, and it is not all "mind over matter". Do some research, and try everything that appeals to you as you find the thing that works for you. This may be one thing or a combination. Hatha yoga, Yoga Nidra, relaxation techniques, meditation or guided meditation, listening to nature sounds online....the possibilities are endless and almost all of it is available online for free. Don't be hard on yourself during this time. Everything is a process, and if you can trust your own process of learning and adapting to your new situations, you will do fine.

Hang in there are let us know how we can help.

I’m sorry your going through this. I have been there for couple decades and literally could only take it day by day. I was on narcotics for a long time but a new pain doc introduced me to LDN and I completely changed. It has been over two years and I am still pain free. I take 9mg daily. I started off with 4.5mg but I still had lingering symptoms so my doc told me to take two tabs and that completely took it away. Please look into it. Only side effects were vivid dreams and slight insomnia for one week only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back