Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
TX
I know that stress can be a contributing factor in fibro. I was under tremendous stress for 5 years then bam! My body just gave out. How many of you were diagnosed due to stress? I'm just curious what the percentage's might be.

I had a stress induced heart attack last December (fluid had built around my heart), I was under tremendous stress, (cross country move, financial and an out of control, disrespectful 17 year old son). We were also unknowingly living in a a house with mold growing between the walls, making me sick, so I'm really not sure if it was emotional, physical or just time for it to manifest. I know it's timing sucks! Of corse I don't think there is a good time. I too am curious what has brought fibromyalgia on for others.

I forgot the biggest factor...a week before I had been in an auto accident. I was sore at first then felt bruised then the pain, two weeks later pnonmonia! I don't think I stood a chance!

Combat/PTSD brought my Fibro/CFS on. Haven't been the same since 2010.

7 yrs ago diagnosed with breast cancer then 3 years ago my mom's health really started to decline and she finally was diagnosed with ALS and passed away Sept. 2014. I was diagnosed 1 month before she died.

You will find that stress is always one of the biggest contributors. I have always been very hard on myself since I was a kid, being a perfectionist, pleasing everyone, doing everything, working up to 3 jobs or shift work, abusive relationship, and the list goes on. :(

Yes severe long term stress over many years...vague symptoms of fatigue that came and went for many years i disregarded as i could rest my way out of them....then feet ached all time and went away...then calves for weeks and went away...migraines a lot but life still normal inbetween.

Like most people i was areal busy bee until bam a fall off back door step on to concrete and a broken foot and fibro rapidly spread throughout my whole body in weeks.

I don't know... but I worked a very stressful special education job for 6 years. My chronic pain started about 5 years in. I don't work anymore.
-sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back