Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally! Ii do everything I can to avoid stress, because I know my colon will totally resent it. I suffer from IBS and ulcerative colitis, so yes, my emotions really affect me. I also seem to be in worse pain when I am stressed or depressed... It's true what they say about stress being able to kill you, it's just awful and affects us in many different ways. God, I am so bloated right now... pure torture, no a coincidence I've been so stressed lately over moving out and worried about a strange large lump... Stress is pure poison :(

On days I'm having a full blown attack and brain fog I'm stressed and even get panic attacks because I feel like I'm going to collapse.
On the better days, I'm stressed at the mountain of chores and tasks I'm behind in.

But I hate it when I hear stress causes FM because I've been through huge stress and no FM and I've had great happy days and I had FM huge attack.

Oh I am so sorry for the stress you are undergoing. I have come to accept stress as a hazard of life we have to either live with, tolerate or actively combat. Its laudable that you have recognized stress as a frontline adversary since it causes fibro and then worsens it. What interventions do you make to cope with it? I typically look for a positive activity that I enjoy. Like playing with kids or pets. Or visiting a supportive friend. It could even be reading the scriptures. Magnesium supplements are also potent at eliminating stress. Good luck.

On days I'm having a full blown attack and brain fog I'm stressed and even get panic attacks because I feel like I'm going to collapse.
On the better days, I'm stressed at the mountain of chores and tasks I'm behind in.

But I hate it when I hear stress causes FM because I've been through huge stress and no FM and I've had great happy days and I had FM huge attack.

I know this might sound silly, but have you tried to get all your chores done as early and as soon as possible? I've found that when I put thing off for later I end up more stressing, that is why I am now trying to be done with my chores early :) Because I know I'll not feel with enough energy to do it later.

Stress is terrible!! And a trigger...I get stressed over strange things as well - particularly noises and surroundings that bother me - ESPECIALLY when I'm at work. The person in the next room has habits that drive me nuts and I always tense up when they happen (noises, etc.) - it happens every day and it drives me nuts and makes things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back