Strong symtoms and toll on mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Ibuprofen dented my pain.:(

Continued use of Ibuprofen will destroy your gut biome and then you will have a whole new set of problems. Been there, done that. It took me almost a year of active gut biome repair to get it healthy again.

By far the most helpful things I have found to decrease/ almost eliminate all pain while sleeping are (in order):

-Hydration, hydration, hydration. The key is you need electrolytes in the water or you won't get the deep hydration you need. I started with Nuun Sports tabs. After proving that they worked I have since switched to my own concoction to save money. Before I go to bed I drink 32oz of water with two tabs. At 2am I drink another 32os with two more tabs. If this works for you you can experiment with decreasing the amount of water/electrolytes you take in per night. This was a magic bullet for me. It eliminated 95% of my pain.

-Ice bath. Not as bad as it sounds. It's more like a cold bath. You don't need the water any lower than 55degF. 15min in there right before bed netted me a big pain decrease and also improved my sleep dramatically. Cooling your body temp down even a few deg has been proven over and over again to get you to sleep faster and allow you to sleep better. Of course this is a lot more uncomfortable than drinking water. I only do the ice bath thing after extremely strenuous activity of really bad inflammation flare ups.

-CBD oil. I've tried all sorts of CBD oils and finally found one that is "nuclear"! It works fantastic for fibo body pain. It works better than Oxy's for me. Not only does it help a lot with the pain but it also gets into your body deep enough to relax you and help you sleep better.

Hope this helps.
Here is the individual who claims that "Fibromyalgia doesn't exist" offering advice on managing fibromyalgia pain.

Here is the individual who claims that "Fibromyalgia doesn't exist" offering advice on managing fibromyalgia pain.
wrong person, @sunkacola - they did respond to that thread, but not the one that said it doesnt exist.

I wish Ibuprofen dented my pain.:(

Continued use of Ibuprofen will destroy your gut biome and then you will have a whole new set of problems. Been there, done that. It took me almost a year of active gut biome repair to get it healthy again.

Yeah after a few days, that popped up in my mind and I stopped loI
I am taking duloxetine, which is supposed to reduce the pain but it is not helping.
I mean I used to wake up tired, in pain and i spend my day spiraling down... now, I wake up a bit tired, and in pain but in a good mood lol

Thanks for the tips, I need to work on my hydration, I just drink one liter per day, not a big drinker of water.
Actually hot baths work like a miracle for me. Sauna then a cold shower three times and then a hot bath. they remove the pain and I sleep like a baby.

A lot of people advised CBD but it is expensive and not very present here in Japan :( .

Finally, and I can not understand this, hanging out with friends, and laughing with them removes the pain! may be it takes my mind out of it but the pain leaves for several hours when I am with people I like.

It's a shame men end up with such an irrational perspective of pain and suffering. It can feel like if you can't carry a burden then you become one. Complaining or reaching out to a doctor can be terrifying and feel shameful. It's taken a lifetime to learn 'a real man' will have the courage to state his case regardless.

It is a shame that men don't speak about their pain. Among all of my friends I talked to about my pain, none of them reported that happening to him.
That's where the misunderstanding comes I think. At a certain moment, you stop explaining because you know you won't be understood.
Actually, I even dread going to the doctor, as I am scared of the long diagnosis and the tests, etc. My psychiatrist told me the symptoms definitely look a lot like fibromyalgia but it is not his specialty so he can not confirm.
I will ask him to orient me to a rheumatologist next session.

wrong person, @sunkacola - they did respond to that thread, but not the one that said it doesnt exist.
Oh, I am so sorry!
My mistake and entirely my bad, and I deeply apologize, @TheSqidd ! Please forgive me for that, and I hope it didn't hurt your feelings. I feel bad about making such a stupid mistake. I don't even think "brain fog" is a good enough excuse for this.
It just shouldn't have happened.
The member who did post those "doesn't exist" posts won't be around for a while.

And again, @TheSqidd , please forgive my stupid error. I will make every effort not to let that happen again.

Actually, I have a question: can you guys tell me more about the fibromyalgia fog?
I mean before the symptoms started strong I was doing fine.
Since they started... I feel dumber and less able to focus, I need to make effort to keep the focus on long tasks.

The fog is quite a frustrating symptom and difficult to work around. For me Pregabalin made it worse although it seems not so bad on a lower dosage. Hopefully things such as a good sleep routine might help to mitigate the fog. Habits such as using notes become essential and breaking up tasks although it means they take longer. The impact can be quite surprising, I've gone from being able to build a computer to struggling to remember names. It makes keeping up with home cinema setup a pain.

Actually, I have a question: can you guys tell me more about the fibromyalgia fog?
I mean before the symptoms started strong I was doing fine.
Since they started... I feel dumber and less able to focus, I need to make effort to keep the focus on long tasks.
yes, you are describing fibro fog pretty well. It does manifest differently in individuals. For me, it is that all too frequently I cannot think of the right word or the name of something, and I never had this happen before. I could always come up with the right word to describe something, or the name it was called (ie: scientific name). This is frustrating for me, but I just figure things could be worse, and carry on. Fortunately, most people have this issue now and then so no one thinks it's any big deal.

I see
OMG thank you
I feel so understood and validated.
I am job hunting now and it feels like a mountain some days to adapt my resume and send it. Even watching Netflix some days feels like a tiring task since I can not focus.
It is heartbreaking how this condition affects the whole person

I realize I had the same symptoms 4 years back with body pain and fog and I was bullied at work for not being sharp and not being committed to do my best lol I know now the cause and it makes me feel better
And the fog was gone when I started to go to the gym 3 times a week!

Exercise definitely helps with both physical and mental health. In fact, I think that, along with eating a healthy diet, it is the most important thing of all.
I also have times when I cannot focus enough to read a book or even watch a video. Usually when that happens the thing to do is go outside and walk, even if it is only a very short walk, and/or sit outside in the sun, even if it is chilly. (I live in a warm place so this is possible most of the time). Usually it doesn't cure the lack of focus but makes me at least feel better, and the next day my focus is back again.

when I really can't focus on anything I call my dogs to me and just pet them. Takes no focus, they love it, and it makes me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back