Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Wood

Hello everyone😵‍💫 Iam kind of freaking out because, because of my financial situation (ssd cut my disability by $400.00 per month) I am going to have to go back to work . I have always loved to work but my flare ups and pain have gotten much worse over the years, Iam scared and could cry like I have so many other times thinking about it, I just don't know how to handle or what I should do 😭😭

Hi Cindy,

I'm so sorry that you're going through this - my heart goes out to you. If I can ask, what do you do for work? Is it perhaps something that you could adapt, do part-time/shorter shifts of, or do you have skills that you could use to work from home? I managed to self-create a job as a writer, having always done physical work before fibro, and was amazed to discover how many different things people are doing remotely these days. It's really tough when we have to reinvent ourselves, but if you want to, I'm happy to help brainstorm.

Beyond trying to figure out the best way forwards, I think key for you now is to manage how stressed you're feeling about all this. The more overwhelmed you feel, the more you're going to trigger your fibro. So, if you feel able, try to start doing some five-ten minute breathing exercises a few times per day; be really mindful of self-care, try to do all the things that you know support your body so that you can give it all the mojo spare to help you get through this difficult time.

You said you loved to work - perhaps, as scary as this is, the cut to your disability is going to be a catalyst that helps you strike a new balance with your fibro, and do a little more of things that give you that feeling of reward that comes with doing things you love. I really, really hope so. Whatever happens, we're here to talk whenever you need! Sending strength 🌻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back