Suboxone for pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunkacola, how does using suboxone help with pain, when it is used for getting off of opioids? I guess I don't understand why wouldn't a doctor use that in the first place?

Sunkacola, how does using suboxone help with pain, when it is used for getting off of opioids? I guess I don't understand why wouldn't a doctor use that in the first place?
Hi TXG, Since I am not a doctor or chemist I am afraid I cannot explain how it works, nor do I know whether it even truly helps with pain or not, and it always depends on the individual. You can Google it for more information. All I know is that opiate medication manages pain by blocking pain receptors, and apparently suboxone does much the same thing, and so it can help reduce pain in people who are coming off the opiates.
My concern is that if it operates in much the same way as the opiates, it seems to me that it too could become addictive. But that's an opinion from a non-doctor who never took it. The internet will tell you a lot more.

That was kind of what I was thinking also. Well I'm going to see my sister tomorrow. She's not eating much and I'm afraid I may be losing her so I feel I need to see her and assess her situation myself. Thanks for your thoughts.

wishing you the best, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back