Not open for further replies.

Cutiegirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
CA
Saw my doctor yesterday and he okay'd blood tests. Took in my list of supplements but he didn't seem too knowledgeable. Will check with my pharmacist next. If that doesn't work then I will contact a naturopath here who has some experience with pain. He said the 'older rheumatologists here really don't deal with fibromyalgia but he would check with the newer ones. A pretty successful meeting. Then I got the bivalent booster, so today has been crap. My husband sympathized (he had his a couple weeks back) until I explained that the pain he felt after his booster is what WE experience almost every day. Well that quieted him down. ;) Anyways, feeling much better and definitely more positive.

Glad to hear your appointment went well! a small win, but a win just the same. 😁

i had my last booster just over 3 months ago (mid July).. i guess they are recommending to wait 4-6 months before getting the next one..

The recommendation here is 3 to 6 months. I did mine after 3 months as my husband is older and immunocompromised. I am wearing an N95 mask while I teach, No eating or drinking at work unless I am in my car, outside, or my classroom is empty. And I only eat/drink at 11 am and then have a drink after school. That mask is pretty much stuck on my face and I do my best not to touch my eyes, ears, etc. unless I have sanitized first. Was talking to one of our lead infectious doctors here in Ontario and he thinks the pandemic will last for at least another 5 years. (The Spanish flu didn't actually resolve until 1928.) Fortunately I retire in 3 years. We are definitely in a 'new' world.' (He also strongly believes that there will be other pandemics.)

yeah, I hate to say it, but I think your infectious disease doc is correct - it is far from over, and there is a very good possibility of new viruses causing problems down the road.
In our house, I am the one at risk, with COPD, and I dont go out a lot, mostly to reduce my risk of exposure.. sadly we have a lot of people around my area that either still think it is a hoax, or are just plain selfish and dont want to wear a mask.. I tend to avoid people as much as possible anymore.
Thankfully my partner does not have to deal with many people in his job.
Stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back