DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2001
Country
UK
State
UK
Hi all,
hope you are all doing well in these crazy times!

Ive been diagnosed with fribro for around 17 years now. I've been very lucky compared to many, my issues were never terribly severe, just occasional pain which never stopped me

Lately though, I've had an episode which I think is related, wanted to get some opinions.

About a week ago I had a killer banging headache, I do get them now and again. The following days I started getting mild muscle aches, again nothing severe. As the days have past though the muscle pain is going between my lower back, inside of my knees, ankles and feet and strangely in just one finger. Also the same sharp muscle pain feels like it's in my stomach too.

Just wanted to check with folks whether this does sound like a flare up, if anyone else can share?

Many thanks

Hi all,

You are not alone. I have had 3 really good weeks, but since yesterday things have been bad. Headache over my eyes, pains all over my face and a sore throat at times and a burning face, I do suffer from sinus so this could be the problem. I have been taking amptriplene since June but stopped taking it 10 days ago as one of the side effects were headaches. Also had pain in one finger and in my chest and stomach, have been told this is Costo. Now I am taking green tea tablets and rosehip tablets which I was told was good for fibromyalgia. Anything is worth a try! Hope you improve soon.
Take care

Hi JM...........these symptoms could be fibromyalgia, but the important thing is that they also could be something else that needs medical attention.

Any time that a person gets a sudden increase of a symptom, or a new symptom they have not had before, it's a good idea to get checked out, just in case. I recommend getting in to see your doctor.

If nothing shows up on tests, then my guess is that you might be flaring badly because this year has been a very difficult one for everyone in the world! I am flaring badly myself for the past week. Be really kind to yourself, get as much rest as you can, and eat very healthy food. This, too, shall pass.
:)

Thanks for that, very helpful. The one painful finger is a really odd one, I've had that for years, at times I would have sworn it's broken it's so painful, but x-rays show nothing!

Hi - do you get gentle physiotherapy, osteopathy, do warmth, finger exercises & arnica cream help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back