sudden severe weakness/fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies.
cindy

lol you are so funny sometimes.
i too can be lying there and need to move but cannot move a muscle.
during the real bad boughts after sleeping all night i would get out of bed in the morning,just manage to collapse on the room sofa and not move till late afternoon/early evening. then my son would help me back to bed and there i stay sleeping till morning.
i would only manage to eat a tiny bit or drink in late afternoon or evening.
as i said this is a rare extreme thank goodness.
the usual fatigue is just tiredness and weakness not total paralysis.
take care.
caroline.:-D

sral

yes! tell your mom i feel exactly like that,i feel really weak,like a loss of muscle strenth and fatigue together. hope ya mom has some better days{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}michelle

I too have been suffering from severe fatigue which has just seemed to increase recently. Now I get it while at work sitting in front of a computer. I get very weak and if possible I go to my car and lie down or simply go home. I can't keep this up. I have other symptoms, twitching, cramps in my leg, lack of strength in my leg, goosebumps in my leg and recently double vision. Just went to an Opthamologist today and confirmed the double vision is related to the eye muscle. I have had an EMG but it was negative. So how do they explain all my symptoms? I can't keep missing work or I will lose my job. Is there something I can take to overcome this fatigue?

hi andy....

I would also like to know if they can give me anything for the fatigue,I made an appt. to ask my neuro,but they cant fit me in until 8/28....sheesh..........what part of jax are you in? I moved from jacksonville 2 yrs ago to ST.Marys GA. which its like 7 minutes from my house to the F lorida line..lol when we move we dont go far. goodluck,Michelle

drugs for fatigue

hello.
at my neuro clinic there are many pamphlets on various neuro desease's.
i got one on fatigue and is printed by the ms society.
the fatigue we feel is basically the same so you can use the advice.
there are some drugs to treat it.

amantadine(symmetral or lysovir)-------------this is licensed to treat parkinsons,as well as some viral infections.
dosage about 200mg a day.
side effects can include insomnia and vivid dreams.

modafinil(provigil)------------this is used to treat narcolepsy.
side effects can include insomnia and headaches.

prokarin(procarin)-----------a skin patch that contains caffine and histamine.
can be expensive alternative medicine.

not everyone benefits from these drugs,side effect con's may out weigh the pro's.
i think finding ways of conserving energy,doing what you can when you can and not getting over tired are the best ways of dealing with fatigue..........trust me i am now an expert after 9years:lol:
look up fatigue on the ms society web page for helpfull tips and advice.
take good care everyone.
caroline:-D

thanks caroline,

I am all for conserving energy, however in my case with 3 toddlers, one being a baby......I may have to ask my neuro on 27th for some sort of drug. I hate taking drugs ( I am on lexapro) but these days, I would do ANYTHING to feel like myself again or just 1/4 of me!

thanks for the info

april

thanx Caroline

I have tried the amantadine before,but I didnt know about the other drugs,maybe one of those will help me,the amantadine did nothing for me.

Hey everyone,

I looked back at some old records and remembered I took provigil about a year ago. Thought it might give me more energy to do everything I do! My insurance didn't cover it, so I only took it for a couple of months.

I plan to ask my neuro via email tomorrow if I could take it again. I'm not sure how it will mix with the Rilutek and lithium, but maybe I'll try that.

Keep the faith,
brenda

I would also like to know if they can give me anything for the fatigue,I made an appt. to ask my neuro,but they cant fit me in until 8/28....sheesh..........what part of jax are you in? I moved from jacksonville 2 yrs ago to ST.Marys GA. which its like 7 minutes from my house to the F lorida line..lol when we move we dont go far. goodluck,Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I live on the West Side near Oak Leaf.

Andy

Michelle,

Did you feel very fatigue when you could still speak? My mom seems to get exhausted after she speaks even a few words.

Some motions seem to take her breath (speaking) away and others don't. She does not get out of breath when walking etc.

The unfortunate thing is that she has difficulty sleeping and never gets a complete night's rest. Nor is she able to sleep during the day for a nap. It's only normal that if every single day you are not getting even what a non sick person needs, how can she feel energetic.

Rosa I would consider taking a sleep pill because lack of a good nights sleep can make you get sick ,maybe 1/2 pill or have a beer ,for some thats enough to relax you . I wake during the night anywhere from 2-4 am .then go back to sleep after i lay there a bit . At first i use to run out of breath when trying to speak 3-4 words , havent had that for 1-2 years . Geo

Thanks Geo.

Something definitely has to be done about the sleep problem.

By the way, I'm glad to hear that your speech nolonger takes your breath away. You would think that things get progressively worse with this disease but it seems to have gotten better for you. GREAT!

in some ways things have gotten better. But i think we have level off periods. By the way My system crashed and i had to do a full recovery and lost all my e-mail addresses so write me personally so i'll get yours added to my Address book . Geo (ps) im drooling more now ,especially when i sneeze ,i get too much fluid .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back