Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
UK
State
North Yorkshire
Hi, I'm very new to this sort of thing, however, I think sharing our experiences with this awful condition can only be a good thing. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last September, I had started feeling stiff around April/May and thought it was just my age (I'm 54) but it seemed to get worse day by day until I decided to go to my GP. I had all sorts of blood tests to rule out Pernicious Anemia, Thyroid and Arthritis which all came back clear. To cut a long story short, I've been put on Tramadol, Ibuprofen, paracetamol and Nortriptyline which takes the edge off the pain,but I don't like taking them long term. I still work full time as a school Lab Technician which means I'm on my feet 90% of the time and to be honest I find that as the day wears on i loosen up a bit, but, if I sit down for any length of time I stiffen up. I'm going to try physio next week to see if that will help and hopefully be able to take less painkillers. I will let you know how it goes.

Welcome to this group. There is a lot of info around this site, you can check out the posts and learn a lot of what others have to say or are experiencing.
Check in and let us know how you are doing!

Welcome and u seem to be on the same meds as me, but I'm on amitripoline.as for pain killer use ,sadly most of us find if u take them offen the flu like ache goes and the stiffness lessons a bit. I'm just like u if I stop and sit down I go very stiff.im re painting my kitchen and I can tell u with fibro and essential tremor that's a long job lol.i think u have to come to terms with meds.i dont take more then I need and trust me u and me are on low dose of meds to some ppl InThis fourm,there are a few brave souls who don't use them but don't beat yourself up over it, I'd rather have a good few years with little pain then years of pain so bad u don't wanna live anyway.im only 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back