Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
I am a 100% newbie to cannabis. I have never even seen marijuana before, so I need some super basic advice. I just applied for a card in VA. I have tried so many different medications so I want to see if any cannabis products will help me. I cannot smoke or vape.

Could anyone recommend a product that has worked for you? I know there's different types...strains? I have no idea what they call it. I don't want to walk into the dispensary and look like a fool :oops:

All I do know so far is that my mom let me try her
and it magically works to help with my hand pain.

Symptoms: chronic fatigue, muscle fatigue and related muscle soreness, anxiety, occasional flare ups of dizziness/headaches, occasional insomnia (either I have to sleep or I can't sleep lol)

Thank you for any advice! Really hoping I can get some relief with this ❤️

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I can help. I cannot smoke or vape either, and no one should, as it is every bit as damaging as cigarettes are.

My favorite thing it to use tinctures, and I use the THC cannabis tincture in conjunction with a high quality CBD tincture. I have found the best results are from using both together, but of course your results will vary.

**************Please note*****************
I edited your post to remove the link, because we do not permit outside links on this forum due to the dangers inherent in clicking on unknown links. You can write out the name of the product, though, as long as it is not a link.

I also use THC gummies. You just have to do the experimenting yourself in order to find out which method and what strength works for you the best.
Note that the tinctures come in different strengths from 200 mg THC per ml, up to 1200 mg THC per ml, so be aware of that and start out with the smallest possible dose. If it doesn't help, work up very slowly to the level where it does.
My experience is that Global Xtracts makes good quality CBC oil, and Tru Infusions is a good brand for THC tinctures, but there are many that are good. Buy from a reputable dispensary because online there are many fakes.

Mostly cannabis will help with pain and anxiety, insomnia. I don't know how it will work on fatigue. I found that it only makes me woozy if I try to use it for fatigue, but everyone is different.

Thanks! I copy/pasted something and didn't realize there was a link in there :oops:

I grow and make tincture, rso, lotion and hash(not to smoke).
If you decide to make

Sorry, wrong button. If you want to make your own I can help.

RSO is the oil from the plant that has been used for cancer. It's the strongest medicine and helps me sleep and have less pain. I add the hash to edibles also for pain.

Tinctures did nothing for me, but my military MD ordered Marinol (synthetic THC) , aka Drobanilol, and it was amazing, helping with pain more than any other remedy. The VA continued to order it for me foe three years than abruptly stopped without any notification. Now I think it takes an act of congress to get this non opioid medication ordered. So I have resorted to obtaining a medical marijuana prescription and will be trying gummies, unless my neurologist / pain MD does something soon and I mean this week. Good luck I hope this helps.

Tinctures did nothing for me, but my military MD ordered Marinol (synthetic THC) , aka Drobanilol, and it was amazing, helping with pain more than any other remedy. The VA continued to order it for me foe three years than abruptly stopped without any notification. Now I think it takes an act of congress to get this non opioid medication ordered. So I have resorted to obtaining a medical marijuana prescription and will be trying gummies, unless my neurologist / pain MD does something soon and I mean this week. Good luck I hope this helps.
Very interesting. I had not heard of this. How silly that it is currently not possible to get, when medical marijuana with the same compounds only natural rather than man-made, is legal in so many places now. I don't know where you are located, but the American FDA, which approved of Thalidomide, is still unwilling to approve of a plant substance that has been known for thousands of years to be beneficial for many ailments and to be harmless and non-addictive. Further proof, of course, that the FDA is controlled by drug companies who don't want it approved because they don't control the manufacturing of it.

Indica's will help you sleep. Stativa's are best during the day and may give you a bit of energy. For pain products with a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC. I take pill form, gummies and also a mouth spray and have lotion as well. Different dispenceries offer different products. It is kinda trial and error to see what products work best for you. I am greatful to be able to have the opportunity to use medical cannibus it is very helpful, good luck to you. Don't worry about not understanding the lingo, you will find the folks at the dispenceries eager to help... If not, choose another!

If you have to buy from a dispensary make sure there are no additives. I don't trust stores for food or medicine especially when the government is involved. I hear someone is testing marrijuana oil in Brazil and finding it's helping with fibro. I take it and find it makes my day of pain much more tolerable.

yes they will because I have tried the indica gummies and I think they are the best , they helped with my anxiety, achiness, and sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back