Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
OR
A few weeks ago I went out for sushi with friends from work. I noticed that I felt quite a bit more energetic afterward. I've eaten sushi two more times since then, and each time I've gotten a burst of energy.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

I know that if you eat green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, there is a synergistic effect - you are able to absorb quite a bit more of the phytonutrients than if you ate each item separately. I wonder if there is something similar happening when we eat sushi?

I always feel a little better after sushi. Nice and clean and light on the stomach for sure. I'm not sure what the chemical or dietary benefits might be though.

I don't know if there's any benefit or scientific reason behind it, but I always get a euphoric or relaxed feeling in the muscles which gives me the ability to be able to do more after eating sushi.

I'm glad to hear other people have had a similar experience. Thanks for the replies

I thought maybe it was all the time I spend concentrating on using the chopsticks; it's like meditation. :)

LOL

My new routine is to eat sushi when I'm having a bad day. It perks me up every time, even when I just had an exhausting day at work.

Plus, it is yummy :)

Sushi and Japanese hibachi is some of my favorite food, so I'm glad to hear it has this effect on our condition. The only downside to it is that there are no good sushi/Japanese places near me, the closest one being an hour away. I might have to figure out some way to make visits there happen on occasion now, lol. Thanks for the tip/idea!

I'm sad to hear they are so far away from you. We just got one in the town where I live, and there are two in the town where I work (at least, two that I know of).

Work has been extra-demanding and stressful lately (in a good way, meaning there is lots of interesting work to do, but it must be done in a short amount of time). When I feel like I'm going to drop I take a lunch break to go out and eat sushi (normally I eat at my desk). It perks me up and helps me keep going for a few more hours.

A few weeks ago I went out for sushi with friends from work. I noticed that I felt quite a bit more energetic afterward. I've eaten sushi two more times since then, and each time I've gotten a burst of energy.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

I know that if you eat green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, there is a synergistic effect - you are able to absorb quite a bit more of the phytonutrients than if you ate each item separately. I wonder if there is something similar happening when we eat sushi?
I don't know about food helping with fibro. nothing I have eaten has helped me with energy. I have heard that eating all raw orangic gluten free food does help some. I can tell you though, when I put my headphones on and crank up the Christian contempory music and sing praises to the Lord, it gives me energy for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back