Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
ES
State
Madrid
I am posting this thread under Alternative Therapies, because I regard swimming as one of the best natural ways to combat any kind of pain or mental distress. For me it is one of the strongest "medicines" ever. Swimming on a daily basis gives me the ability to lead an almost normal life. The pain in my muscles gradually melt away during my daily one hour session. I always make room for it, no matter what is going on in my life.
Do you swim regularly, and how does it affect your pain?

Hi there! i don't swim, but I'd love to start swimming :) I have heard it's a wonderful way to keep the weight of and tone up your muscles without too much effort and without the risk of harming yourself, unlike when you run! I like the fact swimming doesn't cause any kind of distress to the knees.

I would love to start swimming in the future, I might do it in the future if I move out :) I first need to learn how to swim :p

Hi there! i don't swim, but I'd love to start swimming :) I have heard it's a wonderful way to keep the weight of and tone up your muscles without too much effort and without the risk of harming yourself, unlike when you run! I like the fact swimming doesn't cause any kind of distress to the knees.

I would love to start swimming in the future, I might do it in the future if I move out :) I first need to learn how to swim :p

Hi Trellum, go and do it, and you will never regret it. :) I find it to be the best kind of exercise for any kind of ailments. If you can't swim very well, you can always do gentle stretching exercises in the pool, or simply walk around, toning up your muscles.
Since I started my daily swimming routine, I don't just feel physically and emotionally better, but I also like the way my arms and legs look these days, since I lost a lot of muscle tone when I was crippled with pain and unable to do much.

I really want to, I heard swimming is a very relaxing exercise; it's like working out without actually putting in a lot effort! Well, I know swimmers actually put a lot effort, but they don't put their joints under so much stress, to me that's wonderful and will definitely go for it if I move out. I heard swimming is excellent at toning up your body! I have seen the bodies of several male swimmers and WOW! I'm not overweight, but I need some toning specially my tummy and arms area.

It sounds wonderful, ambrosia! How long is your swimming routine?! I bet your arms are so beautiful and toned, as well as your legs. Swimming definitely beats running in my list!

I do love swimming. It's unfortunate I don't have a pool available now. I like that swimming is much less impact on the body and jogging while still providing nice exercise. There's a gym here that does water exercise classes but I can't afford it, I wish I could, I need to exercise more to lose some weight.

It sounds wonderful, ambrosia! How long is your swimming routine?! I bet your arms are so beautiful and toned, as well as your legs. Swimming definitely beats running in my list!

Trellum, I swim almost every day for two hours. That includes stretching for about half an hour and walking around the children's pool to warm up. I take it really easy. I see a lot of people swimming fast and pushing themselves, puffing and wheezing. I guess some of them are training to get fit for other sports as well.
I am a slow swimmer, but use different techniques to strengthen my entire body.
Give it a go when you can. You'll be amazed how energised you feel afterwards.

Hi Ambrosia,
I have been recommended swimming by my doc and its an activity I love. But its weather dependent for me. I tried swimming in rains and the water felt cold and I had some aches afterwards. But in summers, its highly refreshing.

I do enjoy swimming and have tried it to relieve my chronic fatigue. It has helped quite a bit.

I love to swim now! Recently, I studied how to swim and now I'm loving it. My doctor also said to me while I'm on therapy, that swimming can improve your health and it balances your body muscles. So I think my pain are improving lately.

Swimming is also very low impact on your joints and because of that, it's a great daily exercise to do! A lot of people think that if you're not sweating that you aren't getting a good workout and that is simply not true. Swimming is also very relaxing and will help you with the stress and fatigue that comes along with Fibromyalgia. Yoga is another great thing to do if you are looking for ways to relax and be less stressful. I recently started doing it and it has made a positive difference in the way I feel. I seem to have less stress and I am now looking inward for the peace that I need. Once you do that, everything else seems to fade away.

Swimming in a heated pool really feels good and gets the blood flowing. I just wish I had a hot tube at str home then I'd never leave the house. Exercise mixed with the heated pool does make a difference in my life.

I never knew this vital information before and i am glad to here that swimming can be an efficient alternative therapy i will certainly give it a try and then see how it works thanks a lot for sharing

It is a good all-body workout. I find that swimming helps circulation immensely and generally is one of the best ways of getting fit that there is. It is also the exercise that for me result in the least muscle aches afterwards.

It's not by chance that they say that swimming is the most complete sport we can make, it exercises evenly all muscles in the body, so I am sure it helps here.

Swimming is very beneficial exercise to get slim and fit body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back