Symptoms come and go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 39947
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 39947

I recall early in 2019 I was entering my doctors office the day after calling in tears, now with no physical symptoms in sight (except a general soreness with no apparent cause; depression, anxiety, sleep disturbances).

Does anyone else’s symptoms wane and wax?

Hi Creativecorner: That's what we call flares. Almost all of us have this.
The most recent thread on this is I think ▶️ this one.

But your situation suddenly having no acute symptoms, just chronic I'm pretty sure is due to cortisol ("adrenaline") (can also be triggered by histamine), which can create an energy surge for a few hours or days, or maybe just normalize for a certain time. (A doc put me on to this, and I've checked and believe it's right for me at least).

Even I have flares, altho I've been in a continual full flare for 3 years. So they're sort of flares on a flare (or on a bush fire). Although I have big areas like sleep, IBS and local pains almost completely under control - and still they wax and wane. Some I only have a moderate amount of control over - Ache, exhaustibility and stiffness, and these flare from triggers I can find out, but occasionally from things I can't. And then there's those areas that rear the heads again or for the first time, sometimes I can wait for them to go, but often it's paid off to find out quickly what the triggers are and stop them. If I don't, the pile grows and gets harder to master.

Most striking example is my severest symptom, least controllable: My exhaustibility is fairly stable at 90% now () = 10% energy, all day & night, every day. But I'd got it up to 14-16% about a month ago, and in the last 1.5 years after starting at 35% energy, it's been between 25% and 5% energy, gradually decreasing on average from MCAS from the 3 CoV-jabs. That's the long term part of waxing and waning.
But if my histamine & cortisol rise from some trigger, I can activate quite a lot of energy for a certain amount of time, in the best case 2-3 hours. If I use it very carefully, don't overuse it (too long too hard), even without a backlash. When getting on my bike, esp. in the evenings, I can (could) suddenly go into highest gear and speed for a few minutes, it's such a delight. Also I use the word "exhaustibility" instead of fatigue, because i can (could) do 20 pushups without ado. Haven't tested that in a while, let's see - I'm feeling really rotten today, but I'm as far as gonna say I don't now care how I end up, cos it can't really be worse...

Difficulty standing up, very stiff, eyes tired, slight belly ache from midday meal, cut my thumb as well as a peony stem with a sharp knife (how the heck you sposed to do that, anyone?).... exchanged water of 7 vases (simplfying that every day) which is really doing my wife's flowers good... showered the mealybugs off of my !new bonsai beech tree for the 3rd time....
OK, 30 pushups in about one minute - if I'd do more I'd go over the exhaustibility time limit. Howzat? That's artificial "waxing", now the natural "waning" will of course come... but I'll be easy on myself.

Last edited:
For most of us, the pain severity will be greater at times and less at other times. This is one of the primary characteristics of fibromyalgia, although some of us unfortunately have constant pain at a fairly high level. For me, there is always pain but the severity varies somewhat.

Thanks for the input, you two! I actually got so used to some of the symptoms @JayCS mentioned that I forget they’re fibro.

got so used to some of the symptoms @JayCS mentioned that I forget they’re fibro
I would too if I didn't fill them in every day in my blog, sorted as far as possible by conditions. All of them came suddenly 2019 except IBS-D + hyperacidity which I've had all my life and I count as pre-fibro but even more as pre-MCAS. And I think each of us needs to "sort" them individually, if at all. Cos for neither the ones I have a grip on nor the ones I have only a bit of influence on I treat singly, and knowing that they came together doesn't help me much with the fibro ones. Only the new MCAS ones often have to do with histamine, which is helpful for me to know, cos I can compensate several of them well with GABA and partly with my antihistamine. Both I think have to do with cytokines and with cortisol, but both ideas have only lead to dead ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back