Symptoms of early Parkinson's after FM for many years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustina

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1994
Country
US
State
AL
Hello,
I am interested in hearing from other folks who suffer with fibromyalgia and who have also suffered early symptoms of Parkinson's, or any family history 🤔 of Parkinson's Disease. Please share with me more about each of these ponderings...early Parkinson's or Parkinson's like symptoms, Levodopa trials,and family history of Parkinson's

Here’s what I know - my grandfather had Parkinson’s. I do know that inherited Parkinson’s is very rare / doesn’t happen often. Does that mean you can’t be one of those folks? Absolutely not!

Hello,
I am interested in hearing from other folks who suffer with fibromyalgia and who have also suffered early symptoms of Parkinson's, or any family history 🤔 of Parkinson's Disease. Please share with me more about each of these ponderings...early Parkinson's or Parkinson's like symptoms, Levodopa trials,and family history of Parkinson's
I'm interested too. Before I was diagnosed with fibro, I suspected Parkinson's, and I'm still waiting for that shoe to drop. My dystonia has gotten worse in the past year so I'm heading back to the neurologist at the end of the month. My feet, right more so than left, are inverting and making walking and running difficult (haven't run in almost 2 months). I trip over my feet or catch my toes on the ground, struggle to walk in a straight line, and have to concentrate to keep all my limbs swinging in concert. I've started walking slower taking shorter strides and that seems to help. My hands, again right more so than left, end up in odd postures. Same with my mouth, pursing my lips or grimacing.

I was a carer for my late mother who suffered with Parkinson's for ten years. My late sister also suffered with it, as an uncle does now. I would be surprised if something similar does not happen to me. @Faustina & @djhsix0, my heart goes out to you both

I'm interested too. Before I was diagnosed with fibro, I suspected Parkinson's, and I'm still waiting for that shoe to drop. My dystonia has gotten worse in the past year so I'm heading back to the neurologist at the end of the month. My feet, right more so than left, are inverting and making walking and running difficult (haven't run in almost 2 months). I trip over my feet or catch my toes on the ground, struggle to walk in a straight line, and have to concentrate to keep all my limbs swinging in concert. I've started walking slower taking shorter strides and that seems to help. My hands, again right more so than left, end up in odd postures. Same with my mouth, pursing my lips or grimacing.
I hope that the neurologist can be helpful for you, it must be difficult trying to adapt. Let us know how you get on, perhaps they can prescribe something to ease the symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back