Debee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
UK
Hi,
I was loosely diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year after getting discomfort in my leg, since then it has got 100 times worse and the discomfort is all over my body, mainly in my legs and hips but i also get it in my shoulders, neck and my arms. I am also suffering with bad sweats and then feeling chilly but hot! this has been going on for quite a while, i get a few days of feeling okay and then wham the sweats etc come on again, my doctors thinks its menopausal but I cant be prescribed anything as I was diagnosed with large bilateral pe's in 2016 and had major surgery in 2018 to remove most of the scarring, they have no idea what caused them but are saying that it could have been HRT tablets i was on.
Does anyone else suffer with these kind of symptoms and what do you take / do to help relieve them.
Thanks

Hi Debee, all of the symptoms you describe are experienced by people with fibro. Which doesn't necessarily mean that is what you have, and I recommend keeping an open mind and doing whatever tests and research you can do to narrow it down in case it is something else. All those symptoms also could be menopausal because they are all experienced by women in menopause as well. So you may not know for a while what is going on. Do your own research, get a good doctor, get tested, and take it from there.

Also be aware that Fibromyalgia is an umbrella diagnosis and what it really means is "we don't really know why you are having these problems".
Getting the diagnosis only helps in terms of getting medication and having insurance cover things.

What works for one person to ease the symptoms may not work for another person so you have to try things to find out. What works best for me is a tincture of 1:1 CBD and THC. Others use other things. I also use heating pads, a TENS machine, and Advil combined with a muscle relaxant, depending on what pain it is and where. I had to experiment a lot to work that all out but once you work it out you can manage it. Just stay away from opiates! And eat well and get daily exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back