Blueboat

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi all,

Just asking whether or not anyone has had similar symptoms to me; I am a male in my early 30s, with a mother who has fibro, so know exactly how bad this illness can be.

It all started with some buzzing and cold sensations in one of my legs, but the main point for me weeks afterwards was a bout of what I'd call a nervous weakness in my arms, which felt like it was an intense surge of adrenaline running through my arms, severe nausea and a nervous feeling in my stomach, which occurred twice for a few hours a day apart. It almost felt like something was attacking my body or an adrenaline oberload. A few days later I started getting internal tremors in arms with the associated pain on and off, coupled with the health anxiety that resulted from the event.

It went away completely for about 2 months in Dec/Jan but the pain has came back, along with a heavy sensation in leg. Almost feels like they are all labouring to move, but I've not experienced noticeable weakness, just sharp and dull aching pain and altered sensation in my arms.

Currently going through investigations with a neurologist, but really at a blank as to what this could be.

Would like to hear from anyone with similar experiences.

Thanks

I have experienced some of that adrenaline feeling you describe. Mostly associated with the nausea. I have alot of other symptoms that I can only assume are Fibro related. Seems like my body is in hyper sensitive mode to almost everything when it comes to pain etc.

I have experienced some of that adrenaline feeling you describe. Mostly associated with the nausea. I have alot of other symptoms that I can only assume are Fibro related. Seems like my body is in hyper sensitive mode to almost everything when it comes to pain etc.

Was there a defining moment or occurence that you believe caused the pain, or did it gradually come upon you?

Forgot to mention the only thing in blood tests was low folic acid.

Was there a defining moment or occurence that you believe caused the pain, or did it gradually come upon you?

Forgot to mention the only thing in blood tests was low folic acid.
In looking back I think it was coming on gradually and I think the more I went into the menopause process made it really intense. I have some bloodwork that is a bit off but nothing significant yet. Almost everything possible has been ruled out to date. I was officially diagnosed in January of this year. It has been a struggle for sure and I will say this is an extremely hard illness to live with. Treatments are trial and error etc and trying to remain positive and upbeat can be trying too. Great to have sites like this to reach out and vent and share! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back