Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2020
Country
CA
State
BC
So this is all new to me as I was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. Does anyone get fluttering in their chest and arm and shoulder aches? It scares me and I feel like it is heart related. I have had it before and went to ER the first time and had several tests to rule out heart issues.

the fluttery chest could be anxiety-related. You might want to look into whether or not you may have an anxiety disorder or are experiencing anxiety as the result of current factors in your life.

Statistically, over 40% of Americans (and I would suppose Canadians as well) are reporting that they have been suffering from anxiety since April. And that's only the ones who will admit it.

I have had this for a year or so now. Had gone to ER last April because of it. This morning I woke up and had racing hear - 120 bpm and had sweating feet and hands. Has anyone had this?

I have tachycardia and my doctors haven't given it a lot of attention but I just changed doctors and I think she will pay more attention to it as she has me tracking it at home. From an anecdotal perspective I notice my fibro symptoms are much worse with an elevated resting heart rate than when my heart rate is in a more normal range. I also think it's anxiety related and I feel it as anxiety in my body even when my mind is calm.

i feel the same way! I feel worse when elevated heart rate. And when my heart rate is high I definitely get anxiety and worried that I am having a heart attack. My normal resting heart rate is about 65 so for it to be at 120-130 at times is very scary. I am glad you have new doctor and that they are paying attention to that. 😊

Yes me too, when I feel good it's between 60-70 ... today is was 106 ugh

I feel you! Mine was high again this morning but fine now. Do you also get Clammy hands and feet when it’s elevated?

Yes but I kind of feel clammy all over as well if that makes sense

Yes it does! I have arm pain often too so it’s always so scary. Have had ecg and chest X-ray and they were fine. It’s always so scary.

Last 2 days have had neck pain at front of neck and feel like a bit of a sore throat. Anyone else had this?

I get swollen lymph nodes sometimes and it feels more sensitive there

I need to do more - works best for me: - autogenic training to keep my blood pressure and heartbeat down, my doc's reminded me...
As in your case it is usually normal (at least with meds.), but it can go up and away quickly in certain situations, not necessarily stress.

I have been trying to be active and get some exercise in every day. Some Days that is hard. 🙁

I'm not sure it's clear: autogenic training is not exercise, it's a relaxation technique (cf. wp), using mental imagery to feel heavy, warm, calm.
Progressive muscle relaxation (cf. wp) is easier to learn but I find it increases pain on bad days if I clench muscles before relaxing them.

I'm not sure it's clear: autogenic training is not exercise, it's a relaxation technique (cf. wp), using mental imagery to feel heavy, warm, calm.
Progressive muscle relaxation (cf. wp) is easier to learn but I find it increases pain on bad days if I clench muscles before relaxing them.
I had to google this but it sounds helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back