Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
VA
Hey guys! i've been wondering about this for a while now but have always thought i'd sound stupid to bring it up.. so never have.
i've noticed that my body doesn't seem to regulate temperature very well. I'm always either hot or cold, sometimes both. It can be 70 degrees outside and i'll still need a jacket.
my mom keeps the house pretty warm during winter, around 72 degrees. the other night i woke up around 2 am under my two blankets and surrounded by pillows and i was unable to stop shivering! i ended up putting on two hoodies and curling up as much as i could, but later that morning i asked my mom if she had been cold that night and she responded by saying that no, she had thought it was a little warm and turned her fan on!
later that day, in the afternoon, i developed a fever of 103.2! by the time i went to bed that night though i was totally fine. this all seems kind of bizarre to me, although it's typical for me. i'm just wondering what this is about, if anyone else experiences it, if it's even related to fibro? and if you guys have experienced it, what helped? in a lot of circumstances i can't control the temperature (i live in a dorm building on campus during the school year). but i'm kind of tired of being under three blankets with gloves on while my roommate has her fan pointed at her bed because the heater is "on full blast" (in her opinion).

Yep fibro can mess with your temperature.i have hot flushes all the time.just another fun fibro thing.

Hiya

Yeah I have problems every day regulating my body temperature. I'm always far too hot in work while everyone else is freezing and at night I'm the complete opposite and can't get warm. The only thing that works to warm me up is a hot bath but then I get the weird symptom of one side of my body being hot and the other side freezing, very weird!

My body temperature seems completely messed up as well. I used to get very cold in the cold (incl. Raynaud's where my feet/fingers would turn purple), but now I can be really hot in cold weather and very cold in hot weather. Or very very hot in hot weather, or very very cold in cold weather. That includes my feet and fingers - the other day I went out into the snow with my usual sneakers and some gloves, but came back inside within 5 minutes with sweaty hot feet and frozen fingers.

I also suffer from night sweats - even on nights that I have it cold. I guess this is all because of fibro. Such a mysterious illness....

Wow, am I experiencing this today. It SUCKS. I'm never sure if I'm getting sick or if it's just yet another symptom of Fibro. I also have been having bad night sweats, which has never happened to me before.

And I'm constantly nauseous (anyone else?) and my headaches refuse to go away.

Sorry, just complaining.

i am always hot. I work retail and it doesn't matter if i'm running around the store or just sitting in the office i can be sweating like crazy. my face gets beat red and i can't cool off. all of this while other associates are putting on their big coats because they are freezing. I never thought of this as a fibro symptom i just figured i was hot natured but after listening to ya'll maybe it's just another wonderful symptom of my fibro

I'm hit, then I'm cold. Almost like I'm fighting a flue. It gets quite uncomfortable. My Dr says it is definitely the Fibro as our bodies are unable to properly regulate our 'thermostat'

I can't regulate my temperature at all, but I tend to always run hot, never cold. I have a fan that I use at work, while others are huddled around the small heater. I go outside without my coat done up to cool off, but it only dries the damp perspiration on my front, but I'm still sweating on my back! It's ridiculous! Now, add that with the hot flashes of menopause, and you have my life! ��

Sometimes I can regulate... or it just is not noticeable.

Is that normal, or if fibro is the culprit does it never stop.

I am just trying to figure out if it is something else. I would hate to miss an important diagnosis because something is being attributed to a pre-existing condition.

Maybe I am just getting a little paranoid.

Hi!
I also can't control my temperature. I'm always boiling. I sleep with a fan on me all year round, and get around in shorts and a t shirt most of the time!

103 temp? Thats high.
I own a heating blanket, and electric blanket thats on all winter, and occasionally on early spring. Come winter our house is eithor to cold or to hot for me. Oh also, get yourself some heat socks. I invested in 2 pair, saves my COLD feet.

Driley, are you perchance taking Opiates ? I ask because when I was on heavy opiates - before I began using cannabis - I was constantly over heated. It was so bad sweat would drop from my nose onto whatever I was working on. Once off most of the opiates my temp problems diminished considerably.

Hope this helps

Me, if I am in the house I am always HOT. My husband and I argue constantly about the temperature in the house. He likes it to be about 77 where I prefer it to be about 72. Night time is the worst. I lay in bed with no covers on sweating like a pig and he is over there with a sheet, blanket, quilt and another blanket on top of that. Sometimes I get so hot that I have to go out on our back deck (no one can see me) in my nightgown when the temperature is 20 degrees outside. I can't stay out there for long but it does cool me down somewhat.

Hi!
I also can't control my temperature. I'm always boiling. I sleep with a fan on me all year round, and get around in shorts and a t shirt most of the time!

Do you know if that is enough?

Is it just a comfort issue, or can these issues with temperature cause other issues?

I don't think that it is only mental, so I would think there may be physical fallout.

I've had FM for 14 years. I have always been cold. 5 years ago I started having hot issues. Anyone here that had this happen?

I have legs that wont work right after I get to hot for too long and I thought there might be another issue (disease) that might have been giving me issues, but all the test results are coming back normal. I am getting really frustrated with my body parts that aren't working right. Can anyone help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back