Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
US
State
IN
I am aware that having specific tender points is part of the evaluation for fibro...but I have a massive amount of small nodules under my skin that go away after a minute or so of hard compression. Some are not tender, some are extremely. They come back after awhile. My original thought was maybe lymphatic fluid not draining well or something.
I only recently discovered how prevalent these areas are. First I learned about trigger points from the chiropractic massage person. She told me these areas are built up toxins and to make sure I flushed with water after a massage so they didn't just redopisit elsewhere in my body. This was 8 years ago and I knew it was significant information. I learned how to do the extreme pressure needed to deflate the ones that built up in my back at home using a tennis ball on the floor or a door jam. Last year I was researching carpel tunnel, it had been driving me crazy for a year, so I was looking for something I could do to treat it, anyway I ran into an article about pressure points and that along the top of your forearm are pressure points that can be compressed to relieve carpel tunnel syndrome. I started poking around literally and my mind was blown, first by the fact that my forearm was filled with these pea sized bumps deep beneath my skin that I didn't even know I had, secondly after two pretty intense rounds of treating these areas I've been carpel tunnel symptom free for a year! Crazy right. I guess the toxins create inflammation and swelling that causes the symptoms. Fast forward to this week and my hands have been tingling a little so I did another round, they had built back up signicantly. I got to wondering if I had them other places and was shocked, my outer upper arms and thighs were FULL. Especially where a muscle attached. Anyway I've spent the last two days compressing these knots with my fingers till my hands cramp then using the edges of counters and my elbows and drinking lots of water. I had my husband check himself to see if it's something everyone has but he's all clear. My mom does have them everywhere (she's also always in extreme pain). I am curious if other people have this? Also you might want to check lol you have to press really hard and hold pressure for up to a minute. The stubborn ones take a few rounds.

Hi there,

I don't have the nodules, but it sounds like you need to consult your doctor just to make sure. It may not be serious but it's better to deal with it while it's early.

Interesting. And I guess you don't mean trigger points either, which you'd describe as all painful and not necessarily as palpable bumps. I'd ask several docs and therapists, too. "Where muscles are attached": tendons? Great that you've found something that helps, but maybe demystifying can help more generally and also make sure it's nothing that can get even more serious...

I can’t hardly even touch the sides of my legs from hips past knees. They are always sore. I feel the small nodules under skin all the way down. They are too sore to press Ans see if they go away. I always thought it was fat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back