Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
MI
hi, this is new to me, anyone have where their sore to the touch? my main problem is my lower back and now I thought I bruised it from massage, It feels all bruised I cant even touch it, but theres no visible bruising?

Sounds almost like you might be experiencing nerve pain. I have lower back problems causing me nerve pain and even though you can't see anything, my skin is very tender to the touch in certain areas. You should talk to your doctor about that. There are medications that treat that problem.

thankyou, I will look into that I have it in other areas too my ribs for instance will get so bad I cant even lay on my side .

It could be nerve pain, or it could also be part of the fibromyalgia. There are "trigger points" that can be either, but are always sore and they don't generally move around. Then there are sore spots that seem to travel around.

On the side of my right thigh, there are three very deep sore spots. Sometimes they are throbbing in pain so bad that I can hardly move my leg. Other times, the only time I notice them is if I push on them directly. I go to get a massage at least once a month, more if I can do it, but I have to tell her not to push too hard on my thighs because it makes them flare up. Those are always there and never go away.

Then there are other spots... like one that popped up on Friday. It started hurting like someone had punched me in my ribs. Could have sworn there was a bruise, but nothing. It stuck around for about 8 hrs. It went away and the next day it was completely gone.

Some doctors have said both are nerve damage and others have said it's the Fibro. They can't "see" a lot with nerves or pain from fibro, so really, it doesn't matter. You should talk to your doctor and have them check it out.

Sometimes what relieves the pain is a myfascial massager wand that I have. It's three little balls on a wand, and each ball has rounded spikes on it. I slowly massage my thighs until the pain lessens. It hurts for a while, but it helps too. Doterra's *brain fog moment*... pain relief lotion.. can't remember the name of it now LOL, but it helps sometimes. So does the aspercream lidocain lotion. Sometimes pain killers help, or muscle relaxers. Sometimes nothing does.

Hi...I also have been experiencing tender skin. My right thigh has spots that tingle and burn and are numb. I have groin pain also. Anyone else experience this?

It could be nerve pain, or it could also be part of the fibromyalgia. There are "trigger points" that can be either, but are always sore and they don't generally move around. Then there are sore spots that seem to travel around.

On the side of my right thigh, there are three very deep sore spots. Sometimes they are throbbing in pain so bad that I can hardly move my leg. Other times, the only time I notice them is if I push on them directly. I go to get a massage at least once a month, more if I can do it, but I have to tell her not to push too hard on my thighs because it makes them flare up. Those are always there and never go away.

Then there are other spots... like one that popped up on Friday. It started hurting like someone had punched me in my ribs. Could have sworn there was a bruise, but nothing. It stuck around for about 8 hrs. It went away and the next day it was completely gone.

Some doctors have said both are nerve damage and others have said it's the Fibro. They can't "see" a lot with nerves or pain from fibro, so really, it doesn't matter. You should talk to your doctor and have them check it out.

Sometimes what relieves the pain is a myfascial massager wand that I have. It's three little balls on a wand, and each ball has rounded spikes on it. I slowly massage my thighs until the pain lessens. It hurts for a while, but it helps too. Doterra's *brain fog moment*... pain relief lotion.. can't remember the name of it now LOL, but it helps sometimes. So does the aspercream lidocain lotion. Sometimes pain killers help, or muscle relaxers. Sometimes nothing does.

thankyou!,, yes my tender spots are always there, the worst is my ribs, all of them especially starting 2 weeks before meunstrual, all the way up under my bresta and down to that little ribs on the bottom than the top center of my arms and insides of knees and neck , the ribs are awful though, I have yet to try the cymbalta/lyrica as Im just not a huge fan of those types meds but I should atleast give them a try, tired of this, I thought maybe theyd atleast give some pain releivers for when its really bad, but they are so uptight about that now. I love going to get massage, I wish I could go more often

thankyou!,, yes my tender spots are always there, the worst is my ribs, all of them especially starting 2 weeks before meunstrual, all the way up under my bresta and down to that little ribs on the bottom than the top center of my arms and insides of knees and neck , the ribs are awful though, I have yet to try the cymbalta/lyrica as Im just not a huge fan of those types meds but I should atleast give them a try, tired of this, I thought maybe theyd atleast give some pain releivers for when its really bad, but they are so uptight about that now. I love going to get massage, I wish I could go more often

Massage is really helpful, albeit too painful on some days. Some benefits cover the cost of massage, if you're able to use benefits this way it can be both helpful and provide cost savings.

Massages help me the most but unfortunately they cost too much and by the time I drive home the benefit from the massage is gone also the same thing with the chiropractor.

Many medications can make your skin photosensitive. Make sure to always wear sunscreen, summer and winter. It's the middle of summer here in Australia and I use sunscreen, but also cover up or my skin comes up in red bumps (about smallest fingernail size) when I am out in the sun.

Yes, you can be experiencing nerve pain. It could also be Allodynia (common with fibromyalgia). For me it appears out of nowhere and is so painful, it hurts for me to wear clothing, let alone be touched. It lasts anywhere from a few hours but can last for days and then subsides. It is strange, to say the least.

hi, this is new to me, anyone have where their sore to the touch? my main problem is my lower back and now I thought I bruised it from massage, It feels all bruised I cant even touch it, but theres no visible bruising?
Yes. My skin is very sensitive. Massage makes me hurt more but there’s not any damage. It just feels that way. I can’t wear necklaces either.

Yes, it's what I call a "snakey skin" feeling like you get when you have flu. I find massage helps. It is painful and sensitive to start with but if you persevere I have found it to be beneficial. I've even thought about finding a proper massage course for my hubby so that he can give me a massage,

My skin feels like its been beaten and put back on. For 4 years now. I know this feeling you speak of

I once got a massage and I swore the next day I would see bruises it hurt so bad. No bruises, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back