DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
UK
State
Wales
Hi all

I'm new around here and trying to figure out how best to manage my symptoms. I've heard before that TENS machines can be really helpful for the management of muscle and nerve pain and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?

I have read mixed reviews on these machines. Some people seem to have a good deal of success. Others say they do not. I would not think it would hurt to give them a try. Certainly something worth talking to your doctors to see if this type of treatment would be available to you.

I have one. I does provide some relief. The only problem is it only works in a small area. I use it in the car on my back sometimes. If you use it too long it will make your muscles sore from all the contractions. It does help though if you have the time to hook it all up and use it.

I have one. It's OK. It helps while using the machine, but the pain comes back soon after I'm done with it. It's great for traveling when you need a little help managing pain. My acupuncturist uses a tens unit over my kidneys when he's focusing on healing my digestive system. It does help. I notice a difference.

I like my acupressure mat a lot better, as it makes the pain go away for a lot longer. The mat doesn't work on all areas of the body, though, where the TENS unit does.

I say give it a try, but don't buy at full price. I got mine on nomorerack for $35. I've seen them on LuckyVitamin for heavy discounts too.

My sister has one, she says it helps her manage her pain for a bit, but it's not all that great. If you really feel like trying it... you should really go for it. They are not so expensive anymore. I might actually get one as well. That and an acupressure mat. I plan to see an acupuncturist and a homeopathic doctor pretty soon! Maybe even a chiropractor, once I get enough cash, which might not be very soon.

I have and use a tens unit. It helps with some pains and not with others... And there's certain days that even if I think it could help, I don't use it for fear of agitating other types of pain.... It's one extremity of those things where you have to know your own body well enough to know where to use it on yourself, when to use it, etc... But when I do use it for those certain pains, boy does it help..

Actually got one for my now ex's mom, she had never heard of it... She used it and it helped her wonderfully... She had a job that required her to stand for several hours with out being able to sit frequently, and it helped with being able to tolerate standing longer and work longer actually. She was so grateful I had gotten it for her...

I was involved in a car accident two years ago and part of the therapy that I got as a result of that accident was a TENS machine. At first I really didn't think that it was going to be something that helped me. However, after having the therapy done three times a week for a few weeks, I found that it really was something that went a long way toward helping me to feel better.

I have used one and didnt find it that helpful. It felt good when I had it on but pain and/or muscle spasms returned soon after. Doesnt hurt to try one. Hope it works for you.

Tens was too strong for my fibro pain, so i got a mens..microcurrent therapy unit...which is more gentle and helps dial the pain levels back...its not a cure, but a help

I used one of these in the beinning and, it really did help. But, once I got into physical therapy they decided it was not a good fit for me. So, I no longer use it but, if it is helping you or anyone else then keep going with it. If it is making a difference that is what is important.

I have a TENs that my pain clinic gave me back when everyone thought I just had back issues. In the beginning, before my fibro was medicated at all, the TENS and even massages would make a flare worse. The vibrations would be helpful at the time but as soon as the unit was disconnected the pain would sort of reverberate even stronger and reach out farther through my body. There is a word for this that escapes me right now but I have read some studies about it. At any rate, now that my fibro is mostly under control I am able to use the TENs for specific issues, like a bad neck/shoulder day, or a bad back day. I still avoid it during an overall flare.

I love my unit. It absolutely makes my life better after a long painful day full of stress at work. It allows me to relax from the inside out if anyone can relate to what that means. Its hard to relax with pain going on so the unit helps the pain so I can relax on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back