Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Hi guys! Having a bad day, the muscles in my neck (only left side) seem to be kinda stiff, no matter what position or how I lie down, it still bothers me and hurts! I really think I need to get a MRI done.

Does anyone suffer from this often? How do you ease the pain? Been thinking of taking muscle relaxants, but the side effects are just awful. Do you guys think that heat would help? I think I'll try some of my ''Tei Fu'' right after shower.

Once I rolled a snowmobile on myself and pulled a muscle severely in the middle of my back.
I went to the ER and the walk-ins (urgent care centers). They gave me tons of muscle relaxants and narcotics.
None of them did anything for me.
After weeks of being in pain, I finally went and got a deep tissue massage.
It cured my pulled muscles immediately
Moral of the story - deep massage will work out the trigger points in your muscles that are causing referred pain throughout your neck muscles and other related muscles. I would definitely give it a try if the drugs aren't helping.

Thanks for the tip! I'm feeling better today, excepting for the damn GERD (Jesus Christ!). Who did you see to get that massage? Some sort of chiropractor? I had an awful experience when I was younger with a pseudo-chiropractor, but now I know I need to check the credentials of the guy who is going to massage me.

If you can get to a Dr. Explain your pain, he or she may suggest physical therapy. If they don't then Ask....you are your own best advocate. I suffer neck pain for a number of years It was nightmarish and no one else understood. My physical therapist gave me Neck exercises I could do at home. Don't wait as long as I did. At the same time I was getting treatment for my neck the therapist barley touched a spot in my back and it sent me to tears....I asked him.....what on earth was that? He never did respond so later on when I saw my regular Dr. He confirmed that I have fibermialga.

I can remember exactly feeling like I just wanted someone to rip my head off! I'm not telling you not to have an expensive m r I . Just that you may wa t to take the unconventional approach. Good luck.

Thank you, Moe! Welcome to the forum :) Sorry to hear about your neck pain, I mean, to me neck pain is the worse pain ever, even worse than headaches and back or leg pain. Neck pain is just horrible and is hard to function while suffering from that. So I understand you! Have you found something that works to ease your neck pain?

I do often. I can manage to massage my own neck though so this often helps. Also baths are very good for this, although it can sometimes be a bit difficult to submerge your neck far enough. Ibuprofen gel works wonders on this too (Indeed the only time I've ever found ibuprofen to do any good)

OMG, thanks for the tip! I will definitely try the Ibuprofen gel, I use Tei Fu, but it's so oily. I like to use gels, but I haven't found a gel strong enough to help me with the neck pain. I'll definitely try to find a generic one.

First of all, does your doctor know that you get this type of pain regularly? I only ask because it is very important that they are kept up to date with any kind of recurrent pain, as there is always the chance that it is something else, other than your existing condition that has already been diagnosed.

Have you considered going for massages, perhaps once every few weeks? You might find that a lot of the tension is actually due to the stress of your condition rather than the actual condition itself, and because of this a massage might just be able to give you the relief that you need. If you don't want them to touch your neck, then it could be just as helpful to have your shoulders done, as long as you let them know that you're having neck problems so they know that they should be avoiding the area if they can.

Hi Gemma! I actually want to ask my neurologist to give me a referral for aMRI of my spine, I have been having other issues that made me think I should get one done. We will see what he thinks, I am seeing him often because of a health issue I am dealing with. So... Wish me good luck!

I usually get really tense neck and shoulder muscles. It hurts so bad, I understand your pain. I don't use conventional methods to treat my pain, pain meds do nothing for me so I stopped taking them. One doctor tried to give me a months worth of Vicodin, but I refused. When I am in bad pain, I take a hot tea bag and place in on my neck, then after it cools, I massage my neck and stretch. By the next day, I am usually okay. I hear you can buy rocks that you can heat up and put on your body, I may purchase those.

Ah I get the same thing! The pain for me starts in my right eye, down my face, neck, and shoulder and its only on the right side, constantly. Massage makes it worse, the other thing that really helps is a hot shower before bed, or icing the absolute hell out of it. I was finally diagnosed with fibro, and it just honestly feels good to have an answer for all of that, and debilitating migraines, IBS..it just finally makes sense. I have a friend who has said CBD hemp oil really helped her, it's bought online (legal) but I"m still torn on whether to try it or not.

I got a sore neck right now. I've had it for a few days now. I've been taking ibuprofen just to take the edge off a bit. But what seems to be working for me is a nice hot shower and casual neck stretches in the shower. Nothing to painful. Just try to get the blood flowing and get some range of motions back in the neck.

Yeah, I am not surprised by that, hot water is a great way to relax the tense muscles. If it doesn't improve even so, I'd try some yoga or checking the osteopath.

Warm water helps, but the effect wears off way too fast. Fortunately my neck pain is non existent today, I couldn't feel more grateful for that! I feel great! Standing under the shower helps, but not much :(

I got a sore neck right now. I've had it for a few days now. I've been taking ibuprofen just to take the edge off a bit. But what seems to be working for me is a nice hot shower and casual neck stretches in the shower. Nothing to painful. Just try to get the blood flowing and get some range of motions back in the neck.

I feel for you, neck pain out to be one of the worst pains ever... It's so hard to do anything while suffering from it! Today i feel much better, but tomorrow? Not sure! It seems damp cold weather makes my neck pain flare, no idea why...maybe stress?

Btw, I also tried that. a doctor showed me how to do those neck exercises. The warm water helps a lot, don't you wish you could stay all day long in the shower when your neck is achy? I do, lol :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back