Not open for further replies.

asmyguitarweeps

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Other than the basic tests (AnA, CMP, Reactive Protein) what other tests and evaulations can I ask for in trying to diagnose an autoimmune disease? I had perviously found some good information in reference to this online, unfortunely I didn't bookmark it and cannot find that type of information now.

May I ask why you are asking this? Generally, a doctor is the one to choose what tests to run on a patient if a particular thing is suspected. If you think you have an autoimmune disorder, is this because a doctor told you you may have one? If so, that doctor will know what tests to run. If you have read things online and from those things suspect you have one, then go talk to a doctor about your symptoms, because you can't believe everything you read online, and various symptoms can mean different things.

Like sunkacola has said .we can’t really answer your question without knowing what your looking for.
Going online will only confuse you,as like fibromyalgia there are loads of overlapping symptoms.

If you read the book "The Fibro Fix" he goes through the tests to request but personally I feel more comfortable working with a doctor who specializes in that type of testing instead of trying to figure it out with a doctor who isn't familiar with it.

I could give just a general an answer: I went to a centre for rare diseases. They thought they found Sjögren's and Hashimoto and explained the fibro-problems with that. Then I did the tests - negative, just gotta watch the thyroid a bit. So back to fibro... My feverish-feeling does make me think there is something autoimmune behind it all, but these causes/mechanisms of fibro will be staying in the hypothetical stage for a long time if you look at and compare all recent studies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back