Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2017
Country
US
State
AK
2014 There I was, rolling along in life….. climbing mountains, doing fancy yoga; laughing, dancing, conversing, traveling the country to give presentations and raising funds for Alaska Native students. Then, BOOM. My health decline started with trying medications to control hypertension – five years and FIFTEEN medications later, each gave moderate to severe adverse reactions (including severe anemia and blood transfusions, acute renal failure, inflammation, depression, slowed cognition and confusion). During the six and a half weeks at the Mayo Clinic in 2017, I was diagnosed with many things, including fibromyalgia. It has been “tolerable” over the past couple of years, but it is spiking a high peak over the past couple of months as I have started trialing hypertension medications again (a must with the now-stage 4 hypertension) and all the snazzy fibromyalgia symptoms are glowing strong. Tomorrow, I have agreed to shift the focus off of hypertension medications and try Cymbalta. We will see how my body relates to this.

Thanks for welcoming me here and thanks to everyone who takes the time and compassion to share your experience and knowledge.

Welcome AT and I wish you didn't have to be here. I'm sorry to hear you have had such a bad time of it; many of us here have similar stories.

We are here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back