Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
ind
State
sumatera selatan
My back was sore yesterday. I cannpt sleep like usual . I want to know the sleeping position from this forum. I want to give it a try.

Hmm well we don't all live together so I can't tell u how we all sleep.
We all sleep what ever way we feel comfy.for me I use pillows,some use memory foam.
This illness differs so much from one person to another hardly anyone will give u the same reply .

as i cant have a real metal spring mattress i use the intex air mattress with pump inside of it. Walmart $29.99 single.
it's just like my $2,000 sleep number bed. i sleep on my back. if on my side i rip my shoulder out of the socket.
i also get my arm and hand numb. thus causing my fibro to flare to level 7 pain.

why do i imagine the 7 dwarfs when i read this msg.

Pillow between my knees ....i start out on my side. If im on my back i start out with my feet ona pillow so they're alittle higher then my heart. I'm ridiculous when it comes to finding comfort. After so many years of fibro I found these help me sleep and my gel foam mattress and gel foam pillow. Vitimin 5htp and st johns wort with chamomile tea. Good night an sweet dreams :)

I cannot sleep on my side either. It create tremor and numbness in my left hand. I already try htp5 but my insomnia worsen. I want to try st john wort and chamomile tea . But in my country it is rare item.

I can't sleep on my back I stop breathing .waiting sleep study before u ask x

try online ordering those.

I tend to get a sore neck if I sleep with a pillow. I usually sleep on my stomach with my head directly on the mattress. Sometimes I need to change it up though.

All of them? So I start on my side, with a pillow between my knees, one in my arms, and another behind my back so that I can lean back just a bit. (Keeps my arms from going to sleep, in addition to the memory foam.) Then on my back, right arm on a pillow, pillow under both knees. Flip to the other other side. Sort of on my stomach, but that's never comfortable for long, so back to my back.

COntinue until I'm asleep. (Which is fortunately never too long!)

Twinklefae,

there are a few things you can do to help you get the REM sleep you need.

start by putting foil over your windows in the bedroom, darker is more calming.

no tv or computer one hour before bed time.

a hot or warm shower or bath with Epsom salt in it.

stretching your muscles will reduce the number of pain signals that they send to the brain.

be on a set sleep schedule.

try breathing exercises while in bed.

Try the tapping technique to reduce stress and reduce your blood pressure.

these things help me and many others here.

good luck and keep trying to get the REM sleep you need.

Oops, I think I may have been a bit flippent - I actually sleep quite well and tend to pass out shortly after moving through all of my elaborate positions. The pillows are actually more for when I wake up. Because I sleep so deeply, I sleep in weird positions occasionally and pay for it for days.

you pass out right away because your not getting the REM sleep.

in a recliner. hey anyone got a blow torch i can borrow every night the wife jst enjoys that bed!

ever since a very bad accident i cant sleep in a bed tears my back up. docs dont know why.

i just want to burn it nobody's is sleeping happy in this house all comfy in my bed ill fix that
lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back