the constant need for moderator approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because YOU think it is insignificant does not mean everyone feels that way.

to have a word that is so commonly used for a bunch of different things is ridiculous.

I get being cautious about various drug names, and outside links, but this?? this is just plain petty, and ridiculous. Yes, it bothers me, probably way too much, but there is literally NO LEGITIMATE REASON FOR IT! and THAT is a big part of why it bothers me so much

The issue with the phrase "google" was specifically put in by me for a very good reason. We used to get a lot of people trying to circumvent the request "not to post non-authoritative" by simply telling people in their post to "google such and such product".

again, there is NO difference between saying that and saying "go search for such and such product" - literally the same exact meaning. So banning the G word has no meaningful effect.
Did you ban Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and all the others, too?

And to be perfectly honest, it isn't even just the G word... there have been other times when I have NO clue why a post got sent to moderation - I did not use the G word, did not name any kind of medications, or anything like that.. they were simple posts trying to be supportive of someone else, and off to moderation they go... Literally have NO clue why. I see that moderation banner come up after hitting "post" and wonder what in the H-E-Double Toothpicks did I say this time...
Again, a list of banned words would be helpful to those that care - and could actually lighten the moderation needed, but I guess it is all a big secret, so.. whatever.

I am done trying to explain myself over this. I will most likely continue to hang out/lurk, but I am done posting.
Yes, even this one got sent to moderation.. Yippee... NOT!

It's too bad you feel that way, @cookiebaker but there actually is a legitimate reason for it, which Dooi explained.
Computer systems are not, as we all know, perfect, and sometimes that can be irritating but we all deal with it.

Of course, it's your choice if you wish to post or not, but your posts are welcome any time. And, just like everyone else, sometimes those posts will get sent to moderation. There is no secret to the moderation system. There's no secret list of "banned" words, no conspiracy to keep everyone in the dark so that the moderators will have to do more work having to read and approve people's posts. Most people can just roll with this and not think of it as a big deal. It is unfortunate that you cannot, but I respect your choice not to post.

And, let's allow this topic to rest at this point. there's little or nothing to say that has not already been said, and continuing this will not be beneficial to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back