Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but wanted to post this question to see if anyone was able to offer an opinion. My wife was diagnosed with FM a couple of years ago but she suffered the symptoms for several years before that. Traditional medicine/doctors have not done much to help relieve her symptoms. She seems to be getting worse.

Doing some online research, I found a website that talks about the Marshall Protocol.
I have not read all of the material and to be honest, it looks like a lot of work but I was hoping that someone on these forums has had experience with or heard something about this approach to treating these types of chronic illnesses.

I would be interested to hear from anyone, good or bad.

Re: The Marshall Protocol Scam

Looks like nonsense to me; these "protocols" often are.

In reviewing the website most of the links and research is all directed and derived from themselves. The forum where they encourage us to discuss things, communicate and track our progress is almost entirely posted by the man who made up the protocol. There's zero evidence it works and most of the ramblings sound like quackery.

I think this guy pretty much sums it up: Marshall Protocol and other fairy tales

"Marshall Protocol" the so-called protocol, which amounts to little more than the unfounded speculations of a non-physician, actually someone not even involved in health care.

I agree these protocols usually offer miracle results and are just scams. Be very wary ...i once was drawn to finding out about a retreat in the USA that offered miracle cures with massage..chiropractic work and had loads of fake testimonials.

I was very vulnerable and new to fibro...i only got as far as reading and phoning the clinic where you speak to someone who has supposedly completely recovered from fibro after being wheelchair bound to walking and working. I did a lot of googling and found out the man running the clinic was an unqualified quack.

Maybe your wife could join here read tips and get support along with yourself. You are a great husband looking into everything for her.

The Marshall Protocol is a medical treatment used to treat a variety of chronic autoimmune diseases including FM. It is a curative process and strives to address the root cause of the disease process. It is like a modern alternative therapy and was introduced by doctor Trevor Marshall. Its four pillars are: The patient has to take a minimum of four doses of Benicar daily; wean off any immuno- suppressive therapies; avoid exposure to Vitamin D and other foods. Treatment may take a number of years under a licensed doctor.

I'm not sure about the Marshal protocol, I'm also not sure that something that works for one will work for another. Since they don't know the root cause of fibro we could all be suffering for different reason. If you have the money and the means, and your comfortable with the risk vs reward I know I would try anything that meats that criteria. When I get time I plan to research this. The trick to alternative is finding "real" people with testimony. Good or bad.
You didn't state what meds your wife has tried but I have found this forum very helpful in that guidance also.
PLEASE let us know if y'all deside to try it and how it goes.
I would also like to thank you for being not just a supportive spouse to fibro suffere but your are being very pro active. YOU SIR ARE A DIAMOND!!! And hopefully an inspiration to many.
Give your wife some gentle hugs from us. ; )

The Marshall Protocol is a medical treatment used to treat a variety of chronic autoimmune diseases including FM. It is a curative process and strives to address the root cause of the disease process. It is like a modern alternative therapy and was introduced by doctor Trevor Marshall. Its four pillars are: The patient has to take a minimum of four doses of Benicar daily; wean off any immuno- suppressive therapies; avoid exposure to Vitamin D and other foods. Treatment may take a number of years under a licensed doctor.

We are low on vitamin D .and we need that it's a hormone .so that bloody wrong for a start.
Btw I'm not saying u said that 😜

All, thanks for the responses. I am always wary of untried "cures" and I'm very skeptical of reviews that often times turns out to be fake. I intend to do a bit more research. Luckily, I work in the medical industry and have access to people that I can bounce ideas off of.
Has anyone had or know someone that has had direct experience with this treatment?

This is the first time I hear about it, I think that if nothing else has worked it is a good idea to give this a try. I would if I had tried all other approaches and therapies but none had worked. I say get more info about in and make sure you find a licensed doctor to treat your wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back