Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
US
State
OR
Hi all, I have been doing some extensive research into infrared and PEMF, therapeutic mats. Many of them discuss benefits to chronic pain/fibromyalgia, etc. But I can’t seem to find any actual feedback from people who have been diagnosed and found these to be helpful. I would love to know if any of you have tried them and what your experience has been.

“Just because you’re in pain doesn’t mean you have to be a pain”

I don't know anything about those mats, but I have had deep tissue red laser therapy treatments at my
PT facility. They do give me relief from the pain in my shoulders, arms, upper back and thighs; but only lasts
for 24 hrs. or so.

My chiropractor just obtained a far infra red sauna. I went into it for 10 minutes before and after my adjustment and it felt wonderful. I don't know if it actually did anything other than feel good, but I will want to do it again when I go next time. The company it came from also sells lamps which cost a lot less than the sauna unit.

i have a handheld massager that has the infrared lights on the back side, and yes, it does feel good while in use..
how much good it is after, I honestly cant really say, I have only used it a couple of times - figured it cant really hurt anything.

I would really like to know too!
I wanted to know about all inferred products and do make any difference to Fibromyalgia?
Thanks Jacqueline x

I wanted to know about all inferred products and do make any difference to Fibromyalgia?
In short: I know now there is research on it being good in many health areas, but I don't find it enough to convince me that we should all be getting infra-red gadgets or do LLLT (low laser light therapy) etc. However it seems if you're outdoor all the time you are "probably" - says Ari Whitten - getting "enough" red light naturally from the sun. So what I suggest to try is get outdoors more and more, look in the sky, again and again till you've found a way to reduce or prevent oversensitivities to light or weather. My experience is that more sun makes a difference. So maybe red light does make a difference too. And I don't think that difference can be measured well by researchers, it's something we have to test ourselves. Just the gadgets are costly.

I've been outdoors all day in my garden for a month or two now, and starting June also trying to get out before 7. Because once I'd heard the recommendation of several sleep experts to get more early sunlight, I started to enjoy being outdoors, the light and the air. And once I went back indoors longer I started feeling somehow stifled and air hungry, going out again I felt 'alive' again, as if I get "enough". Whether light or oxygen or both. Adding less screen time before sleep and my sleep seems to have become even more effective, so getting up at 6 is not chopping off too much. By the way the risk of melanomas seems to rise only when we occasionally go out - if we're out all the time our skin develops protection against it.

About my main source at the moment:
Funny you should ask now, cos yesterday Ari Whitten did a long (1h40) talk plugging infra-red light on the first day of a mitochondrial energy summit that I'm carefully watching. Even if I only get 2-3 new ideas, cos my severe exhaustibility is sort of my last bastion, but an enormous one. And I think I'm on to something. And it's "simple" free lifestyle things that have recently come to the forefront of research that these people are now constantly pointing me too and are changing my life, improving quality of life, and praps more. However I wasn't keen on red light, cos the research I'd read up to now wasn't too convincing. But I listened to it and made notes closely all the same.
I got on to Whitten, cos he was on the fibromyalgia summit beforehand, so I could see he's suggesting things that fit to my body. My problem and caveat with people like him is that they are offering a lot of good free ideas, but also plugging and selling stuff, mentoring schemes, combination supps and gadgets. You want more of the vital stuff free and then get "spammed" on their mailing lists - most of these mails and the videos they link to can be ignored. But their upside is that they are building on new ideas I've been getting from others that aren't selling that much (like Shelsick) or only via few ads on youtube (Huberman). The summit format takes a lot of concentration every day if you don't want to pay for keeping it. But at the moment I'm keeping up with it, and there is one summit on MCAS I bought, and don't really regret it, actually the money is worth it.

There was also a talk on "How PEMFs Can Boost Your Body's Energy" by William Pawluk, MD, MSc. I wasn't at all convinced of that guy and what he was saying. Just that they - Pulsed EMFs - aren't bad, unlike the normal unpulsed EMFs, but not that they are necessarily good.

What worries me more is if I'm getting too much EMFs from my laptop (in the garden) all day, there was a talk on that, and I've never taken it that seriously, but this is again something if it can help my energy I should think about. And I'm thinking about not carrying my phone in my pocket all day - but wouldn't I keep looking for it? Well, not if I just keep it in one place in my garden. That's what I'll start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back