Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
US
State
OR
Hi all, I have been doing some extensive research into infrared and PEMF, therapeutic mats. Many of them discuss benefits to chronic pain/fibromyalgia, etc. But I can’t seem to find any actual feedback from people who have been diagnosed and found these to be helpful. I would love to know if any of you have tried them and what your experience has been.

“Just because you’re in pain doesn’t mean you have to be a pain”

Mary Alice Long

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1988
Country
US
State
IN
I don't know anything about those mats, but I have had deep tissue red laser therapy treatments at my
PT facility. They do give me relief from the pain in my shoulders, arms, upper back and thighs; but only lasts
for 24 hrs. or so.

sunkacola

Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
My chiropractor just obtained a far infra red sauna. I went into it for 10 minutes before and after my adjustment and it felt wonderful. I don't know if it actually did anything other than feel good, but I will want to do it again when I go next time. The company it came from also sells lamps which cost a lot less than the sauna unit.

cookiebaker

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
WI
i have a handheld massager that has the infrared lights on the back side, and yes, it does feel good while in use..
how much good it is after, I honestly cant really say, I have only used it a couple of times - figured it cant really hurt anything.