Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
AU
State
QLD
Hi my name is Lara - I was diagnosed with fibro about 4 years ago, which was 5 years after all the problems developed...and that was when I gave birth to my son.

I had excellent health prior to giving birth. Problems occurred with epidural (I keep thinking maybe fibro stems from this - anyone else heard of this?) where it was put in the wrong place and had to be reinserted. Intense migraine like nothing I had ever experienced. They said the headaches would ease and disappear. They did ease but didn't disappear. They were milder, but frequent for 4 years. But also the aches and pains that I could only describe as 'flu' like symptoms was almost unbearable. nothing natural worked for me. I got depressed from this ghost like illness with no-one able to tell me why. So I isolated myself. I was meant to be a happy new mum. Instead my body was no longer mine. I wanted to sleep for a year. But nothing helped me until I went on antidepressants when my son was 4. THey only helped me for 2 years. The pain returned slowly over time and I decided to come off them beginning of this year. Slowly. Then I felt like someone came and visited me every night, because every morning I woke up feeling like someone hit me with a bat so violently. My body ached like nothing else. I wanted to sleep from the pain. It was horrible.

I had heard about something called 5htp and SAMe, that tablet combined is called PROXAN (in Australia). That took away all my pain and fibro fog in 2 days. I was like the old me. I was sooo happy. And it's been working for about 5 months, but I get days like I did today, where the fibro returned with vengeance. There was no warning - or am I just missing the signs?

There has to be something surely, that can fix this. I am so lost. Every time it returns, I can't cope, I isolate myself from family and friends. no one understands. I am so lost with this pain when it comes back. There has to be an answer. I don't know what to do. My shoulders hurt my neck hurts, my body reacts by curling up. I look like I am walking on eggshells.

I am a fighter, but this thing is too much sometimes. Like I say, my natural medication has been so amazing. I am scared that it's going to stop working - if so, I don't know what to do. I need help. I am tired of being told to go for bloody walk on the beach. I need to know what else there is.

Please - can anyone please help me...

Hi Lara, welcome, glad to meet you.

Unfortunately no one really knows what causes or cures fibromyalgia, though there are a lot of theories out there. I am glad to hear you have found something that gives you pain free days - that's very good.

Something that may help you is to keep a written log of your symptoms. In the general discussion section a post called "keeping a logbook and why it helps" that was started some time ago by cmetryme has some good suggestions. Keeping a written record may help you discover why you sometimes have bad days.

It's not good to isolate yourself when you are down. If your loved ones don't understand, I have found this forum is a safe, supportive place. Please feel welcome to ask questions, share what you have learned, find friends, and vent. People here understand the frustration. We are all learning from and supporting each other here.

Or how about a little yoga? With that walk on the beach? I'm an Ole lady, I know what works for me, now if the drs. Would stay on the same page. I went through 2 yrs of being bounced back and forth like a pingball.
I'M REALLY SAD YOUR SUFFERING. MAYBE IF MORE PROFESSIONAL DR'S SUFFERED FIBRO SOMETHING WOULD BE DONE.
I'VE RESEARCHED TELL I'M BLUE IN THE FACE. FOR ME, IT'S ONE DAY AT A TIME. I DID JOIN A GYM IN HOPES I CAN LOOSE WEIGHT, IN HOPES THE 30 SOME POUNDS I AQUIRE WILL COME OFF. I'VE BEEN TWICE, WOOPIE RIGHT? The 2 days I made it were great!
I Do notice sugar does not help, Managed to stay away from white flour, for now.
MY FAMILY LOVED POTATOES, GRAVY, CANDIES, AND SUCH, GROWING UP THEY WERE PLENTIFUL.
WOW SORRY, I'M JUMPING ALL OVER THE PLACE.
JUST WANT ED TO RELATE TO YOUR COMMENT ABOUT A BLOODY WALK ON THE BEACH. LOL!
Hope you have some better days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back